DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Parish Episcopal School has canceled classes on the Hillcrest campus for pre-kindergarten through second grade on Tuesday and Wednesday after a fire broke out in a campus building.READ MORE: Gas Leak Shuts Down 2 Blocks In Downtown Fort Worth
The fire was in the attic of Building E, setting off alarms around 5:30 a.m. Sunday, according to a school spokeswoman. The fire itself was quickly contained, the spokeswoman said, but extensive water damage from sprinklers and firefighting efforts remains.
Building E houses the campus’ main office, the library and classrooms.
As a result of the damage, the spokeswoman said, there will be no classes on Tuesday or Wednesday for students from pre-kindergarten through second grade. ParishEXTEND activities, including after-school classes and extended care, are also canceled for those days.READ MORE: Astros-Braves World Series Pits Father Versus Son
If further cancellations or relocations are needed the school will update on Wednesday, the spokeswoman said.
Cleanup has already begun. The school is asking the public not to come by the campus until it has been deemed “clear.”
No damage occurred to Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration buildings, which share the campus with the school.MORE NEWS: UPDATE: Severe Weather Threat For North Texas Late Tuesday Night, Early Wednesday Morning
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)