Working off a tip, U.S. Marshals, Texas Department of Public Safety troopers, and Fort Worth police arrested Lavinci Damon Henderson, without incident, at a private residence. Henderson, 41, was a “high-risk sex offender” wanted for the sexual assault of a child and failure to register as a sex offender.
It was in 1994 that Henderson was convicted in Tarrant County of two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of aggravated kidnapping. The female victims in those crimes were only 12 and 13 at the time. In 2014, Fort Worth police arrested him on child sex assault charges.
Henderson had last registered as a sex offender in May of 2015.
Officials say the arrest was the direct result of tip information received through Texas Crime Stoppers and a reward will be paid.
According to officials, so far in 2016, four Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders have been arrested.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters can provide information to authorities by using one of the following methods:
• Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at (800) 252-TIPS (8477)
• Text the letters DPS and then your tip to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone
• Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking the link under the picture
• Tips can also be submitted on Facebook, just click the “SUBMIT A TIP” link underneath the “About” section
• Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. Mobile is available for iPhone users through the Apple App Store and for Android users on Google Play.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)