Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

DALLAS (CBS11) – Stranded and stuck for nearly a week at DFW International Airport, a family cannot seem to get back home to Germany after making several attempts this week.

READ MORE: Church Offering $5K Reward For Safe Return Of Missing Fort Worth Girl Dashayla Wolfe

Claudia Prockish, her son, Brandon and four dogs have been living in a motel near the airport for the past five days.

“It’s a living hell, a never ending nightmare,” said Claudia Prockish.

The trouble started on Saturday.

The family was attempting to board an Alaska Airlines flight when they were told there was not enough room.

Claudia Prockish has diabetes. Her son, who is on the Autism spectrum, suffers from epileptic seizures.

Both have service dogs to help and their two other dogs ride in the cargo area below the plane normally.

Prockish said the crew told her there was not enough room for their service dogs.

Crew members then tried to book her on another flight.

When the family showed up, they were told they did not arrive in time to board with the animals.

READ MORE: Dallas City Council Hires Outside Law Firm To Conduct Independent Investigation Into Major Data Loss

“If somebody would tell me this story, I would not believe it because it’s unbelievable and ridiculous,” said Prockish.

The family tried a different airline, but were told it was too cold for the dogs in cargo to travel.

“The airlines are blaming me that I’m not prepared. How should you prepare for such ridiculous reasons?” questioned Prockish. “It was like they were looking for reasons not to take us.”

When contacted by CBS 11 News, a spokesperson for Alaska Airlines said they had no idea Prockish and the others in her family were still in the DFW area.

A spokesperson told CBS 11 News it was booking the family on another flight and issued the following statement:

“We’re disappointed about the ordeal our customer has endured this week trying to get home. This is certainly not the experience that we want any of our customers to have, and we are doing everything we can to get her on her way as easily and quickly as possible,” wrote Halley Knigge, a spokesperson for Alaska Airlines.

The family said it is now crossing its fingers and paws it will finally get home on Thursday.

“I’ll believe it when I’m in the plane and when I’m in the next plane to Frankfurt,” said Prockish.

Alaska Airlines said it will have extra crew members at DFW International Airport on Thursday morning to make sure the family makes it onto the airplane.

MORE NEWS: Doctor Accused Of Hoarding Dead Kittens In Her Freezer

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)