GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – A large three-alarm fire at the Ridge Crest Apartments in the 2800 block of Mustang Drive started with food cooking on a stove around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.READ MORE: FEMA COVID-19 Vaccine Site Opens At Globe Life Field In Arlington
The Grapevine Fire Department says the fire quickly spread to the attic and by the time firefighters arrived, flames were through the roof.
The Red Cross says 28 units were damaged or destroyed and 51 people were displacedREAD MORE: Power Outages, Burst Pipes... Potholes Now A Concern After Historic Texas Cold Snap
The Red Croses and GRACE are establishing a shelter at the Compass Center, 4201 Pool Rd. in Grapevine.
It’s expected that around 30 people could need to stay the night.
There were no reports of injuries during the fire.MORE NEWS: Person Pulled From Burning House In East Fort Worth In Critical Condition
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)