FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth ISD has announced dates and times for a series of community forums about Transgender Guidelines for the implementation of the District’s Student Welfare Policy: Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation.READ MORE: Blind Man Who Rescued 5 After Oklahoma City Bombing Dies
Fort Worth ISD says students can use the bathroom for the gender they identify with.
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has called on Superintendent Kent Scribner to resign saying the job of a superintendent is not social engineering but preparing students to succeed.
Scribner fired back saying, “When we create a supervised, safe, and respectful place, everyone’s privacy and dignity is honored.”READ MORE: Mesquite To Hold Prayer Vigil For Murdered Teen 'Left For Dead On The Street'
He also defended a requirement that teachers acknowledge a student’s preferred gender, potentially against a parent’s wishes.
The meetings on the controversial topic will take place from June 2-June 9 at four Fort Worth ISD high schools starting at 7:00 p.m.
Forums will be held on:
· Tuesday, May 31 at Dunbar High School, hosted by Trustee Christene C. Moss
· Wednesday, June 1 at Poly High School, hosted by Trustees Tobi Jackson and T.A. Sims
· Thursday, June 2 at Paschal High School and will be hosted by District 8 Trustee Dr. Matthew Avila
· Monday, June 6 at Arlington Heights High School and will be hosted by District 5 Trustee Judy Needham and District 7 Trustee Norm Robbins
· Tuesday, June 7 at North Side High School and will be hosted by Board President/District 1 Trustee Jacinto Ramos
· Thursday, June 9 at South Hills High School and will be hosted by District 6 Trustee Dr. Ann Sutherland
These meetings will seek input from parents and other community members on sensitive issues surrounding the education and protection of all students in the Fort Worth ISD.MORE NEWS: Strained By Staffing Deficiencies, Dallas Animal Services To Temporarily Close On Thursdays
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)