AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Robert Charles Willis, 39, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list, and are offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to his capture.
Willis is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs approximately 165 pounds. He has multiple tattoos, including the image of a hand holding a bell on his upper right arm, and other tattoos on his chest, neck, arms and back.
In February 2000, Willis was convicted in Miller County (Arkansas) of three counts of sexual abuse for incidents involving three children, ages four and younger.
He’s wanted in Texas for failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements. Willis is also wanted in Arkansas for parole violation.
Willis’ last known address was in DeKalb, Texas (Bowie County). He also has ties to Texarkana, in both Texas and Arkansas. His criminal history includes sexual abuse, battery, escape and failing to register as a sex offender.
Tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods to receive cash rewards:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App.
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted, and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)