UPDATED | August 30, 2016 6 PM | The intersection impacted by the gas leak was re-opened by 6 p.m. Tuesday evening.
ADDISON (CBSDFW.COM) – Eight buildings were evacuated this afternoon after a construction crew unrelated to Atmos Energy accidentally hit a 6-inch natural gas line on Beltline Road and Marsh Lane.
Atmos Energy is working very closely with first responders to make the area safe.
Roads are currently closed at the intersection.
Drivers should avoid the area if possible.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)