Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – Prosecutors in Collin County continue to argue that Enrique Arochi is the man responsible for the sudden disappearance of Christina Morris more than two years ago. The high-profile kidnapping trial started last week in McKinney.

Arochi was the last person seen with Morris. The 23-year-old woman vanished from a Plano parking garage. The two had been former high school classmates. Morris was last seen walking with Arochi into the garage at The Shops at Legacy. After finding matching DNA samples in the truck of his car, police arrested Arochi for aggravated kidnapping.

The suspect has denied having anything to do with the case, and the location of the victim’s body is still a mystery. To this day, friends and family members of Morris continue to look for any signs of her remains.

A number of witnesses have already taken the stand in Arochi’s trial including workers from the shopping center, technicians from Sprint and AT&T who discussed the details of cell phone tracking, and people who were out partying with Morris on the night that she disappeared.

Wednesday saw a police officer, a neighbor and Arochi’s ex-girlfriend take the witness stand to discuss conversations that the suspect had around the time that Morris vanished.

Rand Aridi was dating Arochi when the alleged kidnapping took place. She did not know that he went out that night, believing that he was at home with a headache. It was not until police called her — days after the incident — that she heard about Arochi being a prime suspect. Aridi said that Arochi claimed to be innocent, saying that he called his former friend’s disappearance “a sad situation.”

Arochi’s next door neighbor testified that the suspect called her shortly after the disappearance, wanting to know if her home’s surveillance cameras captured video of his car returning home on the morning that Morris vanished. They did not, she said in court. Video from the shopping center shows a black car leaving the garage. Prosecutors have been working to establish that it was Morris and Arochi leaving the scene together.

There was no indication on Wednesday that the prosecution was anywhere close to being done presenting their case.