SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) – Colin Kaepernick says he has received death threats through social media and other avenues since he began to protest during the national anthem last month.READ MORE: Supply Chain Issues: 'There Really Are Problems Everywhere,' Even For Small Companies
Kaepernick said Tuesday he has not alerted team security about the threats and understood that could happen once he began his protest over racial oppression and police brutality in the United States.READ MORE: UPDATE: Severe Weather Threat For North Texas Late Tuesday Night, Early Wednesday Morning
He said: “To me, if something like that were going to happen, you’ve proved my point.”
Kaepernick also said he plans to start a website soon showing he is donating the $1 million he has pledged to organizations supporting his cause of racial equality. He will donate $100,000 a month for 10 months once he has vetted organizations to determine which deserve his donations.MORE NEWS: Fourth Stimulus Check: Is Another Relief Payment Coming?
(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)