Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

NEW YORK (AP) – Chipotle is making another push to convince people that its food won’t make them sick, with plans to run more newspaper and digital ads outlining the safety steps it has taken since last year’s E. coli outbreak.

The ads that begin Wednesday will be an open letter from co-CEO Steve Ells, who also recorded a video that will be promoted online. The move underscores the Denver-based burrito company’s struggle to rebound from the series of food scares and extinguish people’s worries.

Mark Crumpacker, who heads Chipotle’s marketing, says some people still aren’t “entirely sure.” He says it’ll be even more challenging to win back people who know the food is safe, but started going elsewhere.

In the April-to-June quarter, sales were still down 24 percent at established locations.

(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)