UPDATED | January 31, 2017 10:01 AM

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

TROPHY CLUB (CBSDFW.COM) – A North Texas high school is getting back to normal today after a bomb scare kept teachers and students on lockdown late into Monday evening.

READ MORE: Traveling Outside The US? Check Out The New COVID-19 Testing Policy You Need To Know

Students, teachers and staff returned to the campus of f Byron Nelson High School in Trophy Club at the normal start time. After a long, stressful Monday, Northwest Independent School District superintendent Ryder Warren says the main focus today will be to make sure students, teachers and staff are safe.

Police were a noticeable presence this morning as they took the precautionary measure of making extra patrols.

Some parents who dropped off their teens this morning said they felt okay with their kids being back on the campus. When asked about his child returning to school Eddie Gassaway said, “In these times it’s always difficult to make sure your children are safe, but I like the way the district handled everything. So, we feel confident coming back this morning.”

Police began investigating the bomb threat just before 3 p.m. Monday. The first message indicated the threating person was inside the building. The Byron Nelson campus was placed on lockdown and police told administrators to keep students in place until they could sweep the building.

READ MORE: Average US Price Of Gasoline Drops 2 Cents Over 2 Weeks, To $3.46

Parents were finally able to pick up their kids, after 7 p.m. last night. Teachers escorted them from Bryon Nelson High over to Medlin Middle School, less than a mile away. Some parents and school buses waiting to take them home met students there.

A lot of moms and dads spent Monday afternoon waiting as close to the campus as they could get. Some said they were able to text and communicate with their children.

Parent Shannon Williams admitted, “If I had just seen on the news or heard on Facebook that something was happening and I didn’t know how he was I would be basket case, but he’s been able to let me know what’s happening and that he’s okay.”

Trophy Club Mayor Nick Sanders says SWAT and the bomb investigation teams made two sweeps through the school after people cleared out. A number vehicles belonging to students, teachers and staff were left overnight at the school so that the bomb squad could sweep the parking lot. The all clear was finally given around midnight.

There’s been no word on who made the threat. Police and the district continue to investigate the incident and say they are taking it very seriously.

MORE NEWS: Santa Touring Neighborhoods On Murphy Fire Engine

(©2017 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)