UPDATED | March 22, 2017 1:38 PM

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

ALLEN (CBSDFW.COM) – A three-hour long SWAT standoff ended Wednesday morning in Allen after police detained a man accused of shooting at a construction worker.

READ MORE: Heating Issues Close 2 Elementary Schools In The Garland Independent School District

Police said that it began around 2:00 a.m. near the construction site of the new Lowery 9th Grade Center — on Greenville Avenue near Jupiter Road.

Officers were called with reports that a man, later identified as Roy Dale Rogers, had fired one round at a construction worker outside of an apartment.

(credit: Collin County Sheriff’s Office)

READ MORE: Sunburned: Red-Hot Mavs Fall To Phoenix After Rough 4th Quarter 109-101

Police tried to make contact with Rogers without success and a SWAT unit from the Allen Police Department was called to the scene.

Rogers was said to be upset with the overnight construction work being done in the area. Crews were there to pour cement.

Lee Lewis Construction is the company building the Lowery Freshman Center and they released a statement explaining why workers were out so early in the morning. It said, in part –

“It is common practice in the construction industry to place concrete in the early morning hours to work around traffic, hot weather, and wet weather. Lee Lewis Construction met with the city of Allen to discuss our desire to place concrete in the early morning hours of March 22nd and received approval from the city. Lee Lewis Construction also walked the surrounding neighborhood and passed out fliers informing the residents of our intentions of the early morning concrete placement.”

Rogers eventually came out of his apartment on his own and was arrested. He has been charged with Deadly Conduct for discharging a firearm and may still face additional charges.

MORE NEWS: Texas Amber Alert Issued For 14-Year-Old Hillary Salcedo Out Of Buda

Officers closed Greenville Avenue, between St. Mary Drive and South Jupiter Road, until the situation ended. Nobody was injured in the shooting.