DANBURY, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut fire officials say a man fell from a roof and became impaled on a barbecue grill rotisserie stand, seriously injuring himself.

Crews were called Tuesday morning to the Danbury social club, where authorities say a man fell about 10 feet and landed on the metal object, puncturing part of his chest.

READ MORE: 'Tiger King' Star Carole Baskin Has Feelings About Tiger Seen Roaming Texas Neighborhood

Witnesses tell The News-Times that the man was inspecting an exhaust fan on the roof.

READ MORE: Cowboys To Kick Off 2021 Regular Season Against Defending Champion Buccaneers

Authorities say responders used a saw to cut the beam off the grill while paramedics kept the metal in the man’s chest so he could be taken to the hospital. The man in his 30s will undergo surgery to have the object removed.

A safety specialist with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration was at the scene.

MORE NEWS: 'This Is Not Just Any Usual Recovery': Economist Explains Rash Of Price Hikes, Product Shortages

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)