RICHARDSON (KRLD) – Police in Richardson have seized several electronics from the home of missing 3-year-old Sherin Mathews. The toddler disappeared from her home on October 7. Her adopted father, Wesley Mathews, told investigators that he sent the little girl outside at 3:00 a.m. as punishment for not drinking her milk.

Law enforcement officials on Wednesday seized five cell phones and three laptop computers from the family’s home, and the navigation system from the family’s SUV. According to documents obtained by KRLD, the navigation system has been sent to the FBI for inspection. Also collected from the family were several pairs of shoes, a washer and dryer, a vacuum cleaner and a wooden spoon.

READ MORE: Frisco Memorial Girls' And Boys' Basketball Teams No Longer The New Kids On The Block

Members of the Richardson Police Department spent a good part of Tuesday searching areas across Dallas County. Chopper 11 was over a field in Dallas as some officers looked through trees and brush, and at areas where the earth had been raised. Some other officials spread out and did a grid search across open areas.

Sgt. Kevin Perlich with the Richardson PD said that officers would be doing various searches, in various places, based on leads and information that have been gathered over the course of the investigation.

As police continue to search for the missing girl, Perlich explained, “You will probably continue to see us do some very specific searches as our investigation moves forward. As we get additional information, we will be searching those areas that we think may hold some type of tip, lead or evidentiary value in this particular case.”

Sherin Mathews (credit: Richardson Police Department)

READ MORE: Loophole In Federal Surprise Medical Bill Ban Leaves Patients At Risk Of High, Unexpected Ambulance Bills

Members of the Mansfield Police Department and the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office brought drones in to assist Richardson authorities with their search. “We have found some articles that are of interest to us,” Perlich said. “Whether or not they turn out to be evidence in this case remains to be determined.”

Perlich said that the drones will give police an aerial perspective that they have not had before. In some cases, officers are now taking a second or third look at specific areas.

(credit: CBSDFW.COM)

Volunteers have searched the neighborhood where the 3-year-old girl went missing, and have plans to do additional searches, but police are not organizing those efforts. “We have got our own agenda and we are specifically targeting areas that we feel are significant in this case, and so we will be conducting those searches,” Perlich said. “If, for some reason, we need assistance or anything like that from the public, we will make that cry and ask for some assistance.”

Wesley Mathews (credit: Richardson Police Department)

Wesley Mathews was arrested and charged with child endangerment. Although he bonded out of jail days ago, Mathews was ordered to turn over his passport and is required to wear an ankle monitor. Police stated that both Mathews and his wife are being uncooperative, and are not helping with the search for their adopted daughter.

MORE NEWS: 1 Dead, 1 Injured After Shooting In Forest Hill

Despite it being more than a week since the toddler went missing, investigators remain cautiously optimistic. “We’re always hopeful that we can find her alive, but time is our enemy,” Perlich said. “So, we’re trying to progress as quickly as we possibly can in this case.”