FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – MedStar says a man cooking in his backyard suffered serious burns and caught his house on fire Thursday afternoon.

It happened shortly before 2:00 p.m. in the 8100 block of Downe Drive.

READ MORE: Texas Inmate Rick Rhoades Faces Execution For Fatally Stabbing Brothers 30 Years Ago

(CBS11)

READ MORE: North Texas Woman Whose Unborn Child Could Not Be Saved Shares Personal Abortion Story

A CareFlite helicopter rushed the victim to Parkland Hospital with burns.

MORE NEWS: Texas Secretary of State’s Office Releases New Information On Audit of 2020 Election

MedStar says he is in serious condition.