Get ready to toast to Ireland’s most beloved saint this St. Patrick’s Day with these five delicious drink recipes. With a little effort, these boozy beverages will turn any St. Patty’s Day into a celebration that even St. Patrick himself would raise a glass to. So skip the crowds, long lines and Uber surcharges this year by opting to host your own Irish shenanigan amongst friends and one tipsy leprechaun.
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 oz Creme de Menthe
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- Green Food Coloring
- Whipped cream
- Cherries (optional)
- In a blender combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, Creme de Menthe, vanilla vodka and food coloring.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top with whip cream and a cherry to garnish.
Pot of Gold
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Baileys
- Splash of Kahlua
- Splash of Milk
- Whip Cream
- Lucky Charm Marshmallows
- In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka, Baileys, Kahlua, milk and shake.
- Pour the cocktail into a rocks glass over ice.
- Top with whip cream.
- Garnish with Lucky Charms Marshmallows.
- Midori Melon Liqueur
- Green food coloring
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and a few drops of green food coloring. Mix to combine until the sugar turns green.
- Take a champagne flute and wet the rim of the glass.
- Dip the rim into the green sugar to line the glass.
- Fill up 3/4 of the glass with champagne.
- Add a shot of Midori Melon Liqueur.
- Serve and Enjoy.
The Irish Mule
- 2 ounces Jameson Whiskey
- 6 ounces ginger beer (or more!)
- juice of half a lime (about 1 ounce)
- lime slices (optional, for garnish)
- mint sprig (optional, for garnish)
- In a copper mug, pour in whiskey and lime juice over ice.
- Next, top the mug with ginger beer.
- Stir to mix.
- Garnish with a slice lime and mint sprig.
- Pilsner Beer
- green food coloring
- Add two to three drops of green food coloring to a pint glass
- Pour the beer into the glass at a 45-degree angle away from you for best results.
- Serve and enjoy!