WHITE SETTLEMENT (CBSDFW.COM) – After a suicide in Fort Worth on Monday, police responded to the victim’s home in White Settlement and started to suspect that there could be an explosive device inside. Following an investigation which involved the bomb squad, however, no devices were found.

The incident initially started at around 6:00 a.m. when a man jumped to his death from an elevated ramp at the intersection of Interstate-30 and West Loop 820 in Fort Worth. According to MedStar officials, the man died at the scene. Police closed the eastbound lanes of the interstate to investigate the situation. The highway has since been re-opened.

Authorities then stopped by the man’s home, located in the 300 block of Hallvale Drive in White Settlement, less than three miles away from the scene of the man’s death. The response included officials with both the Fort Worth Police Department and White Settlement Police Department.

When officers arrived at the home, they detected a strong smell of gas and some suspicious wires, stated to Det. Michelle Lenoir with the White Settlement Police Department. Due of this discovery, the Fort Worth Fire Department’s Bomb Squad was called to the scene.

white settlement bomb 2 No Bomb Found At White Settlement Home After Mans Suicide

(credit: CBSDFW.COM)

A robot was sent near the home, and two officers were later seen entering the building through a window. Authorities have not said what was found inside, but there were no explosive devices discovered. Gas was left on inside of the residence. It was quickly turned off by Oncor workers.

The bomb investigation was cleared at about 11:30 a.m. on Monday. Traffic had been shut down around the scene, and it is now re-opened. A single residence that is located near the home was evacuated while authorities were at the scene. Those residents have now been allowed to return.

The deceased man’s name has not been released, but officials said that he has a military background. Neighbors explained that nobody really associated with the man, who reportedly exhibited odd behavior in his front yard at times. Nobody else lived at the home.