FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – They could be a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde, but instead of robbing banks, they’re stealing shoes in Fort Worth.

A young, sweet couple is how they make themselves appear on Facebook.

athieves Young Couple Wanted For Robbing People Of Their Shoes

Fort Worth shoe robbers

Fort Worth police say Facebook Bonnie and Clyde pretend to be interested in buying Air Jordans.

“It’s on the market right now,” says David Lufile who sells Air Jordans online and is not Involved in the robberies. “The kids like it. For the resellers, it’s better because that’s another way to make money.”

The sneakers sell for $100 to $1,000 for a pair on Facebook Marketplace. Police say the couple asks the shoe seller to meet up.

“When they arrive to conduct the transaction, they produce a hand gun and rob the victims of the tennis shoes,” says Fort Worth Police Detective Brian Raynsford.

Monday night, Bonnie and Clyde robbed two separate people in Fort Worth. One victim was robbed at an apartment complex on the 4300 block of Montecito Way, and 45 minutes later, a second victim was robbed at the Walmart nearAirport Freeway and Beach.

Police say the second robbery was particularly brutal. The victim was robbed at gunpoint and dragged by the getaway car.

“Both victims were fairly social media savvy, and so they looked at the (profiles) being used to communicate with them,” said Detective Raymsford. “They collected photographs, screenshots, from those that they were being used to communicate with.”

Even though the Facebook profiles used by them were deleted after the robberies, police have surveillance video from Walmart. That robbery happened by the front entrance, a location under heavy surveillance.

Police say a police station is a good place to meet a potential buyer if you’re selling anything online. Anyone with information on the couple is asked to contact Fort Worth police at 817-392-4469.

Comments (25)
  1. Racist article. I’m sure some white person would steal shoes

1. Steve Frank says:

I dont think so. Bonnie and Clyde were smart and stole items of VALUE. These hood rats are urban trash…

2. Samuel Green says:

Earl, Go to Google. Type in; – WHITE GUY STEALING SHOES –

I rest my case.

Now I’m no hate monger and I like anyone of any color, as long as they’re not trying to steal my shoes.

2. I saw the headline and I knew . . .

1. snailmailtrucker says:

C’mon Charlie….who didn’t ?

3. Negroes stealing shoes at gunpoint? You don’t say!

4. Robert Quinn says:

Everyone surprised raise your hand.

5. they’ll soon have free slippers in jail, I wonder if they’ll like those?

6. And hopefully they meet the same fate as Bonnie and Clyde.

7. pick6ftw says:

hopefully they’ll meet the same fate as Bonnie&Clyde.

8. “Anti-racists” say there’s a RACE problem. They say it’ll be solved when non-Whites pour into ALL & ONLY White nations and “assimilate” to get a brown mixture.

They say only White nations have this RACE problem; they say non-White nations are fine.

If I object to my own genocide these “anti-racists” say I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they’re anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.

Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-White.

9. Calling them “Bonnie and Clyde” is glorifying them. Do you wonder why people HATE the mass media? Disgusting.

10. Bonnie and Clyde were BLACK?????…You learn something new everyday! Thanks MSM…~smirk~

11. Criminal negroes and their disgusting mudshark partners make me sick.

12. Ray Ray and Tamica, not Bonnie and Clyde.

13. Sorry, Stealing jackets and shoes has been going on in Chicago for decades.

14. Juliet Kane says:

This article made me racist as I guessed before I saw the pictures.