FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – JPS Hospital is facing a new lawsuit from another person who says she was seriously hurt riding in a hospital elevator a couple of years ago.

Patricia Price of Arlington says she has permanent injuries to her neck and back.

READ MORE: North Texas Law Enforcement Disappointed In Gov. Abbott's Veto Of Domestic Violence Education Bill

elevators at JPS Hospital (CBS 11)

The lawsuit says Price had an appointment to get a new primary care doctor at JPS, but she ended up going to the emergency room.

The lawsuit says, “While standing in the elevator — ms. price was violently jolted by the abrupt falling then stopping of the elevator. She was injured by that jolting — and was taken by an ambulance to the JPS emergency room. The impact caused serious and permanent injuries to her neck and back that require extensive treatment.”

Price is seeking anywhere from $200,000 to $1-million in damages.

The lawsuit also claims the hospital had received other complaints regarding elevator problems before Price’s incident.

Documents Detail Extensive History Of Elevator Problems At JPS Hospital

READ MORE: Dallas County DA Reverses Plans To Seek Death Penalty For Alleged Serial Killer Billy Chemirmir

Documents obtained by CBS11 in February showed there were at least 51 incidents reported by people in which they said they were trapped in an elevator.

In January, hospital nurse Carren Stratford was crushed by an elevator but survived.

Carren Stratford – JPS Hospital nurse (courtesy: attorney Frank Branson)

About a week before that, the elevator maintenance company, thyssenkrupp, sent the hospital a letter telling it to stop working on and resetting the elevators.

An independent consultant suggested a modernization of the hospital’s elevators in 2017, including the one Stratford was injured on.

But thyssenkrupp said improvements were only made on two elevators.

JPS Hospital announced it was ending its contract with thyssenkrupp effective May 14, but CBS11 learned Tuesday the hospital started a new contract with SW Elevators on Monday, so the termination happened about three weeks ahead of schedule.

MORE NEWS: 'New Personnel & Procedures, Insufficient Oversight' Led To Texas Execution Without Media Present