AUBREY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Firefighters in Aubrey lept into action after an early morning lighting strike lit a home on fire with family pets still inside.
READ MORE: 2 Dead In Unrelated Traffic Fatalities In Grapevine This Weekend
Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at a house in the 1000 Block of Longhorn Drive when smoke was reported coming from the house. It was the department’s second working fire of the day.
READ MORE: U.S. Customs And Border Protection Officers Arrest 34 Fugitives Since Beginning Of 2022
The homeowners and eventually all their fur babies were accounted for. One of the dogs needed oxygen, but he has fully recovered.
MORE NEWS: Driver Charged With DWI After Stopping On I-30 Near Dallas Deputies Helping Other Motorist