DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Crews battled a four-alarm fire at a north Dallas apartment complex early Tuesday morning after a utility pole collapsed onto one of the buildings, officials say.

Dallas Fire-Rescue says it responded to a call about a utility pole that had collapsed at the Tivoli apartment complex in the 18900 block of Lina Street at around 11:45 p.m.

READ MORE: Dallas Restaurant Says 'Here We Go Again' Requiring Customers To Mask-Up

According to officials, arriving firefighters found the utility pole leaning against the side of a three-story apartment building and that a fire had started as a result of the collapse.

DFR spokesperson Jason Evans says the response went to a fourth alarm due to the help needed in breaking down walls and floor spaces to access the fire. He says there were little visible flames from the outside.

Resident Lashauna Hatley who escape the blaze said, “We saw the sparks and the flames and my husband got up and we went outside and someone was pointing to us from down here like ‘hey it’s on your window, it’s up there. Need to get out.'”

READ MORE: North Texas Businessman Ken Dunn Killed In Jet Crash

Nearly 100 firefighters responded and helped with the fire. It was declared extinguished at around 2:30 a.m., Evans says.

The fire left all 12 units of the building uninhabitable, displacing numerous residents. The American Red Cross was called to help the displaced residents.

Oncor released the following statement:

MORE NEWS: 'We Simply Have To Do More': Louisiana Governor Reinstates Indoor Mask Mandate Due To COVID-19 Surge

“Our employees responded to the scene late last night and remained on site throughout the day. We disconnected power to the building and it remains off to ensure the safety of fire fighters, local residents and our on-site crew. We’re working closely with the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department, and appreciate the quick action of first responders and the American Red Cross in assisting affected families.”