CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A man is in custody at a naval air station in Texas after an “unauthorized person” alert at the base prompted a lockdown.

There are no reports of injuries at the Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi, but the base said Monday morning that the lockdown will remain in effect until the base is confirmed safe.

READ MORE: Military Plane Crashes In Residential Area, 2 Pilots Injured, 3 Homes Hit

The base says the facility went on lockdown at about 7 a.m. Monday after an unauthorized person who was possibly armed made it onto the grounds.

READ MORE: Swarm Of Bees Attacks Migrant Family That Crossed Rio Grande Into Texas 

In February, a man was fatally shot at the base after he drove through a gate at the Naval Air Station. In that case, the man was driving a vehicle that had been reported stolen and led authorities on a chase before crashing into a barrier at the base’s north gate.

MORE NEWS: Rowlett Restaurant Owner Explains No-Mask Policy After Asking Family To Leave

(© Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)