SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – A high school in Southlake was placed on lockout and students were confined to the building after a utilities crew accidentally cut a gas line along White Chapel Boulevard. The gas line has since been repaired and the affected street was reopened.
It was around 9:00 a.m. when the gas line rupture forced the closure of White Chapel from Southlake Boulevard to Highway 114.
The smell of natural gas in the air prompted administrators to place Carroll High School on a temporary lockout — keeping all students indoors. A shuttle service between the school and Carroll Senior High was also suspended.
Thank you @SouthlakeDPS and @atmosenergy getting gas up and running. Students, if you've left us come on back. We want classes full and running all day long. Don't take an absence…be in school! https://t.co/QNHXifEVvR
— Carroll High School (@CarrollHigh) November 6, 2019
No other campuses were impacted and no homes or businesses in the area were evacuated. Officials with fire and police said there was no danger to students or residents.