NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) — In these difficult times where COVID-19 has turned our world upside down, millions across the country have found themselves jobless.
North Texans have asked about job resources for companies still hiring, and CBS 11 has answers.
First up, Amazon is hiring 100,000 workers for positions to meet the growing demand during this pandemic.
They are looking for full-time delivery station liaisons working out of Grand Prairie. And if you have a health or an athletic training background, the company is also looking for an injury prevention specialist working out of Coppell.
CVS is looking to fill 50,000 positions nationwide. In North Texas, they’re looking for a retail store manager and a pharmacist floater working out of Irving. And an operations manager and pharmacist working to work in Dallas.
And for those looking to work remotely, Zoom is looking for an enterprise sales manager for The DFW area.
Tens of thousands of Pizza delivery drivers are also wanted across the country. Pizza Hut is looking for delivery drivers in Southlake, Plano and Colleyville. Domino’s in Euless and Flower Mound, and Papa John’s in McKinney and Carrollton.
Lastly, Walmart is looking for an hourly supervisor to work in Hurst, and a cart attendant and janitorial associate to work in Grapevine.
WHERE TO FIND WORK
WORK IN TEXAS— an online job matching and workforce services system. Designed for job seekers, students, case managers, employers, training providers, workforce professionals, and others seeking benefits and services. The system provides fast access to a complete set of employment tools in one website.
WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS GREATER DALLAS— One of the largest nonprofits in Dallas, their mission enters on providing competitive solutions for employers through quality people and for people through quality jobs. Click the link and scroll down to find their job board.
TEXAS WORKFORCE COMMISSION COVID-19— The workforce commission has set up a COVID-19 resource page for job seekers.
GET SHIFT DONE— Connecting the affected hospitality workforce with local non-profits to serve and provide hunger relief to North Texas communities.
- COSTCO— has opened up a seasonal hiring period to help with the increase in demand.
- PepsiCo— The company said it will hire 6,000 full-time, full benefit workers across the U.S. in the coming months.
- TOM THUMB/ALBERTSONS–Stores are looking for approximately 30 additional workers for all 98 locations across the metroplex. Positions available include stocking, front end, delivery, e-commerce pickers, delivery drivers for e-commerce. You can apply online or in-store by speaking with a store director.
- KROGER–More than 6800 hundred jobs are listed on the job site nationally. Right now there are around 240 in the greater DFW area.
- ALDI— Looking to fill 5,000 temporary positions and taking on 4,000 new permanent workers for stores and distribution centers.
- INSTACART— This gig-economy company is hiring 300,000 workers who shop at grocery stores for its customers then deliver the goods to their house.
- POSTMATES— With the increase in delivery service they are in need of “fleet members” to deliver groceries, takeout and more.
- CVS— plans to immediately fill 50,000 jobs across the U.S. company needs more store associates, home delivery drivers, distribution center employees, and customer service professionals.
- WALGREEN’S— The company has announced it will be adding 9,500 full- and part-time and temporary roles in stores across the U.S.
- AMAZON–Nationally hiring 100,00 new roles in fulfillment centers and in its delivery network. The company is also increasing hourly pay for United States workers by $2/hour.
- WALMART— plans to hire 150,000 temporary workers to keep up with demand.
- WALMART DISTRIBUTION CENTER— supply chain jobs at Walmart are also available.
- TARGET–9000 jobs are currently listed nationally. The job site lists round 230 jobs for the greater DFW area.
- DOLLAR GENERAL— The low-cost retailer plans to double its typical hiring rate and hire 50.000 workers by the end of April.
- FAMILY DOLLAR— With the company suspending online orders due to COVID-19 the chain is in need of employees to work in retail locations.
- DOLLAR TREE— Hiring cashiers, stockers, warehouse associates, part-time and full-time management nationwide
- AHI FACILITY SERVICES–AHI is looking for people to fill janitorial roles. The company cleans several businesses in North Texas and beyond.
- PAPA JOHN’S— The pizza chain is planning to add an additional 20,000 new workers. With “most” applicants starting on the same day.
- PIZZA HUT— Hiring for more than 30,000 jobs nationwide. Available jobs include drivers, cooks, shift leaders, restaurant managers and call center workers.
- DOMINO’S— Has also announced it is hiring
- 7-ELEVEN— Nationally the store chain is planning on adding an additional 20,000 workers to keep up with demand. Jobs include delivery people for the new 7NOW delivery app.
- NORTH TEXAS FOOD BANK— Hiring for the warehouse and drivers.
- BRIGHTSPRING HEALTH— Looking for individuals who want to work in the healthcare industry.
- 2020 CENSUS–According to a United States Census Bureau spokesperson, the government is still looking for people to apply to fill temporary census positions.