COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Collin County Health Care Services is reporting 11 new COVID-19 cases, including 8 in Plano.
The total number of positive cases in Collin County is 839, including 245 in Plano. There are 260 active cases in the county, including 85 in Plano.READ MORE: Cat Rescued From Busy Fort Worth Freeway Gets Unique Name
A case reported on March 6 involving an 18-year-old male from the 75074 zip code was transferred to Mesquite. The change is reflected in several categories including total Plano cases, gender, age and zip code.
There are four cases in the Denton County portion of Plano. Three have recovered and one is in isolation at home. With the Denton County cases, the total number of positive cases in Plano is 249.
Health officials said to-date, 9,529 people were tested for the virus in Collin County and 8,656 tested negative. There are 839 people who have tested positive though and 34 tests are pending.READ MORE: Dallas Law Enforcement Offices Coming Together To Help Domestic Violence Victims
Patients diagnosed with COVID-19 have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
Additionally, some patients have experienced more severe symptoms and health complications. Should individuals experience more severe symptoms, CCHCS encourages individuals to call their health care provider or emergency department prior to arrival to limit exposure.
COVID-19 testing is available for qualifying people at the following facilities, which all have their own criteria to meet before testing. Also, online or phone screen is required through the healthcare entities listed. The decision to test is made by the healthcare provider. Testing supplies are limited.
- Baylor Scott & White
- Texas Health Resources online or call 682.236.7601 (available 24/7).
- Medical City Healthcare
- Methodist Health System
- Legacy ER: 972.731.5151
- Legacy ER: West 972.688.6020
- iCare: 214.407.8668
- Medco Frisco: 469.707.8447
- Medco Plano: 469.747.0164
- Medical City Stonebridge: 469.408.1400
- Elite Care: 972.378.7878
- FasterCare: 972.234.3299
- Baylor Plano. Text “BETTER” to 88408. Baylor will send an app to your phone to begin an e-visit.
- Children’s Health or call 844-424-4537.
- Your Healthcare (located in Anna, Texas)
- Visitors must call 972.587.6080 first and must be symptomatic. Appointment only; no walk ins accepted.
- Dallas Drive-Thru Testing (locations in Dallas and surrounding areas)
- Patients must be exhibiting the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough, fever of 99.6 or higher
- First responders, healthcare workers and drivers for DART can get tested without symptoms.