By CBSDFW.com Staff

UPDATE: Fire At Gaylord Texan Resort Caused By Accumulation Of Grease In Duct Work, Grapevine FD Says

GRAPEVINE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Firefighters are battling a three-alarm fire at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine.

It started around 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, August 25, at the massive hotel and convention center located off Lake Grapevine.

A Grapevine Fire Department spokesman said the fire may have started in a kitchen, then travelled through duct work to a roof.

Later, a spokesperson for the resort said there was a small grease fire in a kitchen.

The Grapevine Fire Department tweeted around 5:40 p.m. that the fire was under control and crews were checking duct work for hot spots and smoke.

Some parts of the complex were evacuated as smoke poured through the ductwork.

Guests evacuate the Gaylord Texan Resort (Chopper 11)

There are no reports of injuries.

Firefighters from Coppell, Flower Mound, Hurst, Euless, Bedford and DFW Airport were called in to help.

Firefighters respond to Gaylord Texan Resort (Chopper 11)

CBSDFW.com Staff