Denton Firefighter Gary Weiland Back On Duty 10 Months After Leg AmputatedNot only did Gary Weiland have to learn to walk again with a prosthesis, he also had to train for months to get back to the job he loves.
Retired Dallas Firefighter Who Stopped To Help German Shepherd Hit By Car Has Sweet Surprise For Dog's FamilyA Rockwall family's German Shepherd, Charlie, has a broken leg and will need to get it amputated after being hit by a car, but they got some surprising good news from a new friend.
Motorcyclist Loses Leg While Leading Mesquite Police, Dallas County Deputies On ChaseA motorcyclist who was running from police lost his leg after crashing during a chase that started in Mesquite and ended in Ellis County.
Person Loses Limbs, Dies In Texas After Infection From Bacteria In GulfSouth Texas health officials say a person died after becoming infected with bacteria while wade fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.
Family Of Man Who Had Leg Amputated In Construction Accident Shares His RecoveryIt was a life-saving surgery Thursday in the middle of an open field in Frisco after a construction worker became tangled in a digging machine.
Docs Amputate Leg Of Texas Man To Free Him From Trenching MachineOnce there, firefighters realized they could not free the man whose leg was entangled in the blades of the machine.
Shot And Left For Dead, Dog Recovering After AmputationShot and left for dead, Lt. Dan is a 1 and half year old Shepard mix now in the capable and caring hands of The Pet Vet in Frisco.
Former Dog Owners Plead Guilty In Botched AmputationsTwo people have pleaded guilty in botched amputations on a pit bull that caused the dog to lose her ears and a hind leg.
Health Workers Who Saved Texas Amputees' Life Cheer Her RecoveryMarch 6, 2014 was a day that changed Kathryn Kuehn’s life forever. That was the day her husband rushed her to the emergency room at Baylor Plano and they learned a 'Group A' streptococcal infection had spread through her body.
Man Infected By Flesh-Eating Bacteria On Fishing TripKeith Korth was fishing in a Port O’Connor tournament and somehow became infected with flesh-eating bacteria, or Necrotizing Fasciitis.
Mobile Team Of Doctors Perform Emergency AmputationsMinutes after a Dallas Food Plant employee found himself trapped inside a flour mixer last week, a team of doctors was prepared to perform surgery on the spot if necessary.
Plano Woman, Model Seriously Injured In Airplane Propeller AccidentCBS 11 News talked with the family of a Plano woman who was seriously injured in a airplane propeller accident.