24-Year-Old Who Drowned At Joe Pool Lake Was An Athlete, Former LifeguardThe Dallas man who drowned over the weekend at Joe Pool Lake was a standout athlete, even a former lifeguard.
Swimmer Pronounced Dead After Divers Locate Him Under Water In Joe Pool LakeAn adult swimmer was pronounced dead Saturday evening after Grand Prairie Fire Department divers found him under water in Joe Pool Lake.
Oh Baby! Grand Prairie Fire Department Welcomes 10 NewbornsThe Grand Prairie Fire Department is experiencing a baby boom!
Grand Prairie Firefighters Rescue Dog After Head Got Stuck In Wheel RimCuriosity can be a not-so-good-thing for our pets sometimes.
Grand Prairie Police Make DWI Arrest After Man Crashes Into Fire StationA person is arrested for suspicion of driving while intoxicated after crashing into a North Texas fire station.
North Texas Child Honored For Protecting Sister From Dog AttackOn Thursday afternoon, GPFD honored Jonathan’s courage and quick-thinking with a certificate presented by Fire Chief Robert Fite and the firefighters who responded to the children's aid.
Grand Prairie Dive Team One Of First In Texas With Military-Grade SonarThe Grand Prairie Fire Department invested in the superior technology so divers can do their jobs safer and faster.
Police: Man Who Tried To Set Nail Salon On Fire Charged With MurderWhile all of that was going on, the fire department was putting out a fire in the 2900 block of Hastings Drive where there was a deceased person inside.
81-Year-Old Killed In House Fire In Grand PrairieA fire department spokesperson says the woman's oxygen tank may have been a factor in the fire.
Lightning Strikes Lead To 2 House Fires in Grand PrairieFirefighters were about a mile away at another fire caused by a lightning strike when the second one happened.
Woman Recovering After Trying To Save Animals From FireThere are more details available today about a Grand Prairie house fire that killed 27 pets and sent the woman who tried to save them to the hospital.
13 Dogs Die In Grand Prairie House Fire; Some RescuedAn unknown number of cats and birds were also killed.
Bridge To Businesses A No-Go So Far At Joe Pool LakeThe owner of the Lynn Creek Marina was hoping to have it built by now, but the Grand Prairie Fire Department stepped in Thursday night insisting he'll need a permit.
I-Team Investigation: Detector DangerThe CBS 11 I-Team put 18 used and new Carbon Monoxide Detectors to test at the Grand Prairie Fire Department.
Crew Rips Out Gas Line, Explosion Rocks HouseA construction crew working on a house in Grand Prairie accidentally ripped out the main gas line underneath it; sparking a fire.