Water In Texas City Where Brain-Eating Amoeba Killed 6-Year-Old Josiah McIntyre Now Safe To DrinkWeeks after a brain-eating amoeba killed 6-year-old Josiah McIntyre a boil-water notice was issued for the city of Lake Jackson, Texas -- on Tuesday the tap water was deemed safe and that order was lifted.
Texas Leaders Say It Could Take Up To 3 Months To Eradicate Brain-Eating Amoeba That Killed 6-Year-OldOn Tuesday Governor Greg Abbott, along with the leaders of state agencies, held a press conference to talk about the steps being taken to find out how a brain-eating amoeba got into the water system of one county.
Texas 6-Year-Old Dies From Brain-Eating Amoeba, Family SaysThe family of a 6-year-old boy in Texas continues to be in mourning after the child died from a rare brain-eating amoeba about three weeks ago.
Tap Water Warning Due To Potential Deadly Microbe Contamination Lifted For All But 1 Texas CityThe Texas Commission on Environmental Quality warned the Brazosport Water Authority late Friday of the potential contamination of its water supply by naegleria fowleri.
Lily Mae Avant, Texas 10-Year-Old Who Contracted Brain-Eating Amoeba In Brazos River, DiesTen-year-old Lily Mae Avant has died after she contracted a brain-eating amoeba after swimming in the Brazos River, her family confirmed.
Woman Sues Texas Water Park For $1M After Son Dies From Brain-Eating AmoebaThe mother of a surfer who died from a "brain-eating amoeba" after visiting a surf park in Texas has filed a $1 million wrongful death lawsuit.
Waco Surf Park Reopens 6 Months After Man Died From 'Brain-Eating Amoeba'A surf park in Waco that closed six months ago after a 29-year-old man died from a "brain-eating amoeba" is set to reopen Friday morning.
Man Dies From Brain-Eating Amoeba After Visiting Waco Surf ResortA 29-year-old surfer, Fabrizio Stabile, who recently visited a Waco, Texas resort, has died from what is commonly referred to as a "brain-eating amoeba."