Two Hurt in Stemmons Wrong-Way Crash

crash pic Two Hurt in Stemmons Wrong Way CrashIt looked like a bomb went off on Stemmons Freeway where two cars collided head-on early Friday morning.  Just before 3 a.m. a wrong-way driver slammed into another vehicle on Stemmons near Market Center, northwest of downtown Dallas. The two vehicles were crushed, sending debris flying over the median and forcing police to close down Stemmons in both directions. Occupants of the two vehicles were rushed to Dallas hospitals.  Their conditions are not clear, but no fatalities have been reported.  Police are waiting for blood tests to help determine whether the wrong-way driver had been drinking.

Comments

1. Russell Purdue says:

Maybe it’s time for tire spike strips at all the highway off ramps to keep this from happening. Couldn’t cost much more than what’s spent responding to these incidents.

1. Duckman says:

Yeah, but somebody would complain because they tried to back up on the on ramp and lost their tires! You’ve seen people do that. Basically, people do whatever they want so long as no one is around to stop them. Until you change that attitude, you won’t stop wrong way drivers or texting/talking/drinking/etc while driving, rolling through stop signs or any of the other dangerous things people think should be OK because THEY want to do it.

2. Lisa Wustholz says:

Hey Russell, just letting you know that I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve been a life-long motorcycle rider and have had to “dodge” wrong-way drivers on two occasions. I’m concerned about the effects implementing a “spike plan” could have to a wrong-way cycle rider, but hey, if ya can’t read a sign ya shouldn’t be on your bike anyway. I say employ the spikes. This nonsense, as you’ve stated, has cost plenty already.
      Lisa W.
      Dallas

3. Lisa Wustholz says:

Hey Russell, just letting you know that I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve been a life-long motorcycle rider and have had to “dodge” wrong-way drivers on two occasions. I’m concerned about the effects implementing a “spike plan” could have to a wrong-way cycle rider.It is a frustrating enough situation, but it could also cause a fatality if a wrong-way cycle rider were to hit these “strips”. This nonsense, as you’ve stated, has cost plenty already, perhaps using satellite technology, a safe, yet effective solution can be had.
      Lisa W.

2. Sgt.Dread says:

People that drunk wouldn’t notice that they’re driving on four flats.

3. Purrdog says:

People in their right mind with brains that are working don’t do such stupid things. On the other hand, many do stupid things if they think they won’t get caught.

4. russell purdue says:

I’m a biker myself, riding since ’79, I have no more respect for the drunk cyclist than I do the drunk in the car. Whether he’s killed from the spike strips, the head on from going the wrong way or stunting on the highway; it’s from a choice he made.

Comments are closed.