Irvin Settles Fla. Woman’s Sex Assault Lawsuit

MIAMI (AP) – Former Dallas Cowboys star Michael Irvin has settled a Florida lawsuit filed by a woman who claimed he sexually assaulted her at a hotel in 2007.

The confidential settlement was announced Friday at a hearing before a Miami federal judge. The woman’s attorney declined comment afterwards. Irvin is listed as representing himself but did not attend the hearing.

The settlement still must be approved by U.S. District Judge Marcia Cooke.

The woman had claimed Irvin assaulted her at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood in July 2007. Prosecutors declined to file charges after reviewing the case.

The lawsuit was filed on the eve of last year’s Super Bowl in Miami, which Irvin worked as an NFL Network analyst.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


One Comment

  1. Turf_Toe says:

    Settlement out of court…..You know he is 100% guilty of all of the charges no matter what he says! I canceled my NFL network subscription as soon as I figured out that he was on the channel last year as well as Mr. Turf Toe himself, Dion Sanders.

  2. Thiomas Johansen says:

    That’s right. He’s guilty. Men don’t pay false accusers to go away so they can continue being employed by the corrupt NFL network. The NFL’s executive Roger Goodell refused to suspend Brett Favre for sending naked pictures of himself to females who are not his wives by giggling that he could not punish him, because he refused to cooperate. Men who refuse to cooperate when they’re accused of sending naked picture are guilty.

  3. Hemroidious says:

    They should show have Irvin and Rothlisberger assault women during the halftime at ” the Superbowel ” and show the highlights in Jerry’s big screen. That would be cool !

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App

Listen Live