Prayer Of Dallas Boy Touches Hundreds Of Thousands

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Thanks to the internet, a North Texas boy’s prayer for children may actually be heard around the world.

He may be small, but he already has a powerful voice.

When a youth minister at the Potter’s House non-denominational church, in Dallas asked Isaiah Jackson to pray at a recent christening, the video went viral.

Now the words of a boy, who was five years old at the time, are inspiring people all around the world.

“In South Africa, Venezuela, Dallas, just from everywhere,” Isaiah’s mom, Tammy Square, mentioned a few places where people sent communication. “We had no idea that that many people would receive the prayer themselves, personally themselves.”

Jackson’s mom says her son’s words have had an amazing impact. “I hear so many testimonies on how that prayer blessed their lives,” she said. “There was a lady who told me a testimony about her boyfriend who had never been to church and how Isaiah’s prayer inspired him to get his life right with the Lord. He said if a little boy could do it, he could to.”

As you may have figured, Isaiah seems to be very mature in his faith. “My mom tells me how to pray, but God tells me what to pray,” he said.

At the heart of it all is a little boy who loves God and his mommy. “He did well. He did excellent. I was so proud of him. I was really proud of him,” Square said beaming. She then told her son directly, “I was proud of you” and the two embrace.

If you have a story of faith you would like to share with us become a CBS 11 News This Morning Facebook fan and post it on our wall.

Comments

1. Fred says:

Wait till he grows up and realizes its all a lie, just like Santa and the easter bunny.

1. Arlesia Sherman says:

Do you think you are sitll alive on your own???? Or better yet, you’ve allowed the enemy to bewitch you. But I’ll tell you what: EVERY KNEW WILL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS THAT JESUS IS LORD!!!!

1. Jenny says:

Faith is inspired…not instilled by fear and threats…

2. ksee6 says:

I agree!

3. Brandon says:

You know Fred, When the time comes. This is one question you will have to answer to God.

I pray you will find Jesus Christ, and except him as you Lord and Savior.

4. Elizabeth says:

You’re an idiot…

5. Cindy Stipes Schneider says:

Fred; If you’re living your life as if there is no God………you better hope you’re right.

6. Hank says:

hahahaha you people make me giggle !

7. Sylvia Prussack says:

You are right on with this. Everyone will bow and confess who is King of Kings and Lord of Lord’s. We need to pray for the lost.

2. Claudie says:

May God have mercy on you.

3. skpfrmdc says:

you must think you’re enlightened and need to resist these things as an adult but to imply that this child is misguided is why atheists and agnostics can’t seem to propigate over 2000 years and more Godly people every hour. Must burn a hole in your head. Hope so anyway.

4. Elizabeth says:

I find it humorous (and concerning) that these sheep are worshipping a man in the sky that displays all of the diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality disorder. basically, they’re praying to a make-believe sociopath.

1. steve says:

2. mark says:

I’d argue that people who believe in bigfoot don’t hold a majority in government and try to impose their views on those who don’t believe in bigfoot. Or design legislation around the assumption that bigfoot exists and we have to behave a certain way.

If it was just independent pockets of people believing whatever they want, that would be one thing. But when they try to control the lives of others, that’s where people start getting upset. Eg crusades, salem witch trials, spanish inquisition, endorsing slavery, the idea of male superiority, etc.

5. Charles Stevens says:

@Fred, Unfortunately, if he is being brainwashed at such an early age he will likely be deluded for life. But there is always hope that he will get a good education and learn to think critically enough to dispel the myths.

6. Bianca says:

Fred You Need To Grow up!!!! And For Anyone that feels the same as Fred Will Be the ones asking for mercy. He is just a child and yall should really listen to his prayer maybe it will give yall hope there is a God if not its your life not mine but god have mercy on your souls

2. Dhana Ann says:

Funny other stories get 1000’s of comments when it comes to hate, but one on faith gets 2

3. joy says:

@Fred… And wait until you take your last breath of living air, when your heart pumps it’s last drop of blood flowing to your brain and you slip into death and you realize that it’s ALL TRUE!! As you stand in front of Jesus Christ himself to answer for your life. I’ll pray for you Fred and many will pray for you but in the end it’s your choice. Research it my friend, dig deep and discover what God has in store for you. Be blessed with the Truth Fred.

1. Brandon says:

@joy, Thank you for those powerful words! It breaks my heart to hear all the others say ‘There is no God, Get over it’ When his word says the non-believers will say it. I pray he will pick a bible and read it.

God bless you.

This Story is a Blessing.

1. Ronnie says:

God is still a democrat !

2. Charles Stevens says:

@joy Even if I believed that your invisible sky fairy was real, I would still reject it and the venom it spews.

1. Shannon88 says:

Elizabeth and Charles Stevens are spewing venom left and right. Why would any of you feel the need to make such a crass and immature comments? Talk about lack of tolerance! Only someone with absolutely no class or education would feel the need to make such tacky comments! I have a feeling that you troll these stories waiting to make derogatory comments because you have no life and insulting anonymous comments make you feel somewhat important.

3. Mark says:

A child will believe anything they’re taught. Heck, we deliberately teach them lies like the existence of Santa and other holiday entities. But when a child prays, we take that as an affirmation of our own faith and quote things like “the child will lead the way”. Well, what about all the other children in other countries who get taught different religions? Are they really leading the way here, or just spitting out what they’ve been taught like they’re taking a test at school?

For background, I was a christian the first 20 years of my life. I thought a lot about why I was a believer and how I became one, and I realized I was only a Christian because I was taught to be that way. It was never a choice and I had no basis for my faith except for my parents telling me what a good boy I was for quoting the bible.

1. amyb says:

Mark – you do have a choice. You should be believe in Jesus because He is truly the son of God, not because your parents told you to believe in Him. God wants true and faithful followers, not robots. Check out the Case for Christ or any other of the series. Educate yourself and get to know the real Jesus – not the coloring book version you may have heard about as a child.

4. hANK says:

HAHAHAHA

4. bubba4u says:

faith & GODS word is for a beliver. IF you dont belive dont put a child down .WE the people have our freedom. WE teach LOVE not hate like muslims.CHANGE your heart & see you too can change LEARN LOVE , FOR GOD is LOVE/ JESUS is LORD. WE CHRISTIANS put up with evil everyday but we will stand up for JESUS.

1. skpfrmdc says:

any hate is bad even for your “enemies” your shot at Muslims shows you don’t read your Bible too closely. pray for discernment you could use some.

2. Frank says:

Freedom of religon goes too far !

5. Dottie Harrison says:

I believe that you believe also. Keep it up sweetie.

6. T Aleaxander says:

Out of the mouth of babes. Give God the praise. Keep on doing what you are doing. Mom Tammy Square, I thank you for a job well done. He knows God.

1. Ronnie says:

barf !

7. shadeofafreeway says:

What if we’re all wrong?

1. Shanyn Schenk says:

what if we aren’t?

1. shadeofafreeway says:

Futility.
        Faith is a good thing. It teaches morals, gives hope, builds communities and encourages social interaction. It connects people who share like beliefs.
        On the flip-side, Hitler, Charles Manson, David Koresh, Jonestown, 9-11, Iraq.
        I remain agnostic because I do not KNOW what happens when the brain ceases to function…and no one here does either. No one. Not one single person that I have ever lost has come back to tell me. Until they do I will be happy to let you believe what you want but I require these conditions: Do not EXPECT me to believe what you do. Do not hurt others in the name of your faith.

2. shadeofafreeway says:

Look – in the same paper today is THIS article: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/02/24/fbi-arrests-man-in-texas-for-plotting-terror-attack/
        HE thinks HIS faith is right and yours is wrong. What if HE is right?

8. DEBORAH WOFFORD says:

THANK YOU MOM FOR KEEPING HIM IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD, AND FOR YOUR FAITHFULLNESS TO TEACH HIM TO PRAY

9. Renee says:

I would rather live my life believing there is a “God” and find out there isn’t, than to live my life believing there is NO “God” and find out there really is. Way to go, Tammy, for raising your child to believe in the Lord.

1. Charles Stevens says:

Yeah, that’s called Pascal’s Wager. It was originally proposed by Blaise Pascal in the 17th century. The problem is that it is a false dichotomy. In other words what if I am wrong and there is a god, but what if you are also wrong and the god is really Allah, or Zeus, or Moloch or any of the other thousands of invisible sky fairies?
      If you want to convince a freethinker to join your club you will have to do better than that.

1. Renee says:

If you are wrong, and there is a God and you have lived your whole life denying him, then during the second coming, you will be left behind to perish and burn in hell. If I live my life believing there is a God and proclaiming my faith, then no matter what name you put to it, I will live for eternity in Heaven. You can name your “Higher Power” whatever makes you feel good but without God, you are NOTHING!

2. rissa says:

renee, he isn’t “wrong.” You are silly. The Wager IS a false dichotomy. That simply means that the question is presented as if there were only 2 possible outcomes when there are MORE than 2 possibilities.

This really IS why believers have such a hard time with non believers.

3. ksee says:

I do not believe humans can show you there is a god. I know that once you find God you will know you have found Him. We all have the free will to believe what we want. All I can do is live the best life I can, as a believer, and have peace in my heart. I know I cannot and will not judge anyone for their thoughts and beliefs but there is not any reason to put someone down or hate them for what they think and believe. My actions I will have to take account for and we all have the right to speak and believe as we please. But this is an amazing story of a young man who has faith in what he believes…whatever anyone believes why crush the dream of anyone.

10. DAWN MERKEL says:

Awesome story, out of the mouths of babes, like the word says “Let the little children come unto me and do not hinder them for the kingdom belongs to such as these” Amen and Amen

1. ronnie says:

AWEFUL STORY

11. john says:

Was that English?

1. LD says:

That’s what I was wondering.

2. Ronnie says:

Ebonics !

12. A Reasoner says:

Religious indoctrination is child abuse. Want to cripple your child? Teach him or her to believe nonsense without a shred of evidence. Provide the means to prejudicial thinking. No need for facts or critical thinking to be competitive. All you have to do is believe. That alone makes everything true.

1. JoyinHim says:

@Reasoner…. There is plenty of evidence, non biblical evidence. Search for it and you’ll find it. Roman history, Jewish history, Egyptian history, Greek history all support what is written in the Bible. The evidence is overwhelming if you just pull your head out of the sand and view it. Atheist C.W. Lewis thought it was all bunk until he started to prove it wrong, atheist Lee Strobble, a chicago reporter set out to “prove” it all wrong also. Both of them (and many other atheists) came away believing in Jesus Christ as God, Lord and Saviour. You’ll see one day my friend. He will return, you will face Him. All Glory to Christ Jesus!!

1. Todd says:

According to you thumpers the Earth is only a few thousand years old so why do we date the Earth in the millions of years ? Dinosaurs are not in the Bible because they pre-date your bible and god too !

2. Charles Stevens says:

Oooooh! Scary!
      I just love all the “You’re gonna see one day! Jesus is gonna show you!” comments that try to frighten thinking people into joining their club.
      I reject the silly story of the virgin birth of the son of god.
      I’m talking about Horus the son of Osiris, but I reject the Jesus story that was stolen from it too.

1. Mitzi says:

Charles, God loves you and so do I.

2. Ronnie says:

I hate people like Mitzi !

13. Crystal says:

It is so nice to see stories of Faith are still broadcast in the media. Such a breath of fresh air in these troubling times. Thanks for sharing!

1. Terry Law says:

It’s so great to see remindeds “even out of the mouths of babe’s” that we have a Generation who will Stand & Live by Faith. I am so Proud of Isaiah & his amazing Godly mother. God Bless CBS for airing this, and may He reach out & bring in even the ones who responded with anger or unkind words. I’m just so thankful God kept pursuing me until I came to the point of realizing He was real & Loved me just as I was & welcomed me home. Proud to be an American today.

14. romelder dunbar says:

for those of you who don’t believe there is a GOD then I say to you idiots who do you think wakes you up in the morning?who do you think makes a way out of no way ?who do you thinkwill always be there for you when no one else is? who do you think is carrying the weight of your stupidity right now when you speak so cruely of MY FATHER MY GOD MY SAVIOUR MY EVERYTHING you stupid people you have to know that the day will come when YOU will have to give in count did JESUS not say suffer little children come unto me? Isn’t HE always on time when you need HIM? HE may not come when you want HIM to but HE”S an on time GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. mark says:

Well…I’m usually woken up in the morning by my alarm clock. “Making a way out of no way” is pretty vague, I don’t have an answer for that. My wife, parents, and friends will be there for me when nobody else is, and worst case scenario there are support groups I can join.

I spent long enough waiting for somebody’s mystical plan to take control of my life and give me a wife and job. It’s easy to think somebody else is going to take care of your life for you, but that’s not how life works.

1. Mitzi says:

Mark, I’m sorry you and your wife were out of work. If you are still looking, we can start a prayer chain for you and your wife to find work.

I learned that when we pray for things, God does answer, but in His time, not ours. It is hard to accept, but I know it to be true. I resently went through a very bitter divorce and custody battle. I had stepped away from God for years and this even brought me to my knees, humbled me and led me straight back to God. I struggled financially and for 4 months my ex did not pay any child support and during that time I asked him 1 time for 20.00 to buy my baby a pair of shoes and some supplimental formula and he refused to give me the 20.00. He makes well over 100k a year, but refused to give his 5 month old son 20.00. I am not rich now, but I dont need his 20.00. My heart is filled with God’s amazing love. God loves you too, Mark. God only provides us the tools to answer our prayers, he doesn’t materalize them in front of us like that.

2. Mark says:

I can respect that you found happiness in your beliefs. But everything I have in my life, I earned myself. My mistakes and downfalls are my own fault or a happenstance of fate, not a test from above. It sounds like you’ve had a hard life but you have things more or less together now – take credit for what you worked for! Take pride in yourself!

3. Mitzi says:

I do take pride, I did work very hard, but God provided the way, God took away the bitterness and hate inside me that was eating me alive. I can tell you it was humbling to go from such a very comfortable lifestyle to one of poverty and debt. I read the book The Shack and it absolutely changed the way I looked at God. I’m not an expert at all, but it seems you’ve lost faith. I did too for years because I was in an abusive marriage and I was bitter to be dealt such a hand when I had been such a good person all my life. I admit that I even questioned God’s existance. You are obviously very intelligent, you write very well.

Please, allow me to offer any help I can provide. If you are interested in working for the government, I will gladly help you write a resume that will help you make the list of candidates for selection. I can’t promise the jobs, but I can get your resume to make the lists.

God loves you, Mark and I do too. I will be there for you too, Mark if you ask. When I was at my lowest, God put someone in my life who helped me realize how much I was missing out by being out of God’s plan for me. He is the one who gave me The Shack. He is not any romantic interest, just a brother in Christ.

I don’t have a lot, but I can offer support, I can offer friendship and be a sounding board for you or your wife.

2. ksee6 says:

I’m a Christian and in love I am telling you that it is not your place to set judgement upon others and call them stupid and idiots. Jesus did not call people stupid idiots and he would turn the other cheek. It is right to take up for your Savior but not ok to be out of love – Encourage not provoke. If you truly believe in the 2nd Coming of Christ and the Bible you will read that it is not your place to do so. If you truly believe do all things in love to win people over…being hateful does not bring “life” around to those you are reaching out to. Work hard so you will win souls and hear “well done good and faithful servant”. God Bless

1. Mitzi says:

ksee6, you are very correct. In Jesus’ final hour, He called to His Father to forgive them, “For they know not what they do”

15. Cindy Graham Quick says:

For those that deny Him now
    He will deny you in the final hour.

1. POTPTWS says:

I HOPE SO !

16. JC in MA says:

We all have a right to beleve in what/who we want or disbelieve in what/who we want – whether that is a higher being, a satanic being or nothing at all That is one of the great things about out lives. Unfortunately, we are quick to criticize those who do not believe the way we think they should, act the way we think they should, do what we think they should, or say what we think they should say. That is one of the bad things about our lives. To each his own is a good rule to follow.

1. Shannon88 says:

Thank you for your thoughtful post. We are so quick to let others influence how we should perceive each other. I’m Jewish, but enjoy Christmas decorations and carols that my neighbors invite me to participate in every year. I also have Muslim and aithiest neighbors who are kind and interesting. Let each person have their belief in peace, as there is no need to be hateful toward one another. There are some very sad posts in this feed over a really sweet, charming story.

17. 1 for the Lord says:

A great news worthy story. Parents should let their children listen to this.

The good thing about children and youth worshipping The True God is that God doesn’t have to work so hard and long at cleaning them up like He does on some ignorant (look it up) filthy adults.

God is….always has been, always will be. One day we all shall stand together before Him, some to the right, some to the left. Jesus will return just like He said. Are YOU ready?

18. Mitzi says:

Wow, there are so many cruel people posting about a small child saying a prayer.

Those who are nay-sayers, God loves you anyway, so do I. God is a wonderful, loving, kind God. We Christians try to “convince” those who doubt out of love. Not out of control. You lose nothing by living a Christian life, and hey, if we’re all wrong, which we’re not, in the end, it will only matter that you were a good, loving, caring, kind person, not if you were right or wrong about anything. What a true testiment to the power of prayer, the power of God, the power of a praying parent. I have lived without God in my life and can tell you that having Him in my life has made a difference. I know peace, I know love, I know forgiveness. The presense of God is an awesome thing. It is like that loving, safe, comforting feeling you had as a child when your mom or dad held you tight. You knew no harm would ever come to you. As a Christian, I know that anything that comes against me will fail, because I am a child of God; “If God be for me, who can be against me?” There is none who will.

So much bitterness, so much doubt. Often we hate that which we fear or that which we do not understand, or cannot explain. It is human nature. God gave us free will; it is our choice to believe, or not to believe. I choose to believe, to love, to share, to give my life to God. Through God’s wonderful, loving mercy, it is never too late. I ask that all who read this pray that God will reveal Himself to all the doubters, all the hate filled people, all those who say there is no God. Pray God reveals Himself in a way that they will not be able to dispute His existance. Pray for God’s mercy for them. Love them.

1. Ronnie says:

No we are posting bad thing about you not the brainwashed ebonics kid ! I believe in a higher being but not your God of the hateful Bible.Our God is a great God not the mean,spiteful one you have !

19. steve says:

It is extremely telling how those who profess that God is a figment of imagination spend so much time attacking those who confess to believe. Why? I don’t believe in Bigfoot, but I don’t get all riled up and hateful at somone who does. Don’t give me “Becauue of all the bad that has come from man in the name of God”. You have not been personally affected by any of that. What’s the REAL reason for the hostility, the intolerance, and the lack of love for your fellow-man; no matter what they believe? You claim that those who believe are “ignorant”. Is this what fuels your fires? If so, do you berate anyone that you deem more ignorant than yourselves? Seriously, you guys have some anger issues that are deeper than simply people who believe in something that you think is fake.

1. Mitz says:

I think you are fake too !

20. Bill M says:

I’m not a believer, and I don’t care that others are. Personal choice. However; from what I have read in multiple religious texts (and unlike a few posters here, I can read), I have to believe if there is a god, he wouldn’t be so petty to deny me access to the kingdom because I didn’t believe in him.

21. jade says:

If you read back in the early 1900’s there wre three sisters, the Fox Sisters, that also preached. Tis has been going on for a lon long time. There is a higer power, whatever you may want to call it. Please people believe. This is not a game.

1. Ronnie says:

The 1900 hundreds? The Bible goes back thousands of years

22. Mark says:

23. Dianne says:

Dianne
    Lord have mercy upon the human race.
    My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is a God of love.
    God loves you all and so do I.
    Blessing be upon this mother and child. To God be the glory!!!!!

24. mark says:

I’m willing to believe there’s some kind of creator out there. I was brought up and raised as a Christian. But I’ve never seen anything to show me why Christianity is the “right” religion, as opposed to islam, buddhism, judaism, hindu, jainism, roman mythology, or any other of the thousands of religions that have existed at one point or another. Just think, you could have been born into the “wrong” family and be doomed from birth! Think of all the multiple generations of families across the world who never heard of Jesus or were taught something different as children. Does it really make sense that belief in god is a valid requirement for getting into heaven? Would the christian God really design a system where a certain percentage of people are guaranteed to burn for eternity through no fault of their own?

I believe in being a good person and holding yourself to ethical and moral standards. I don’t believe there’s a mystical being interacting with the physical world on a day to day basis.

25. Pam says:

I can not see gravity but I believe in it.

1. Kevin says:

DUH ! Gravity is a phycial force !

26. mark says:

mark

Also what’s up with these forums, my replies keep getting thrown into random sections.

27. My Lord & Savior says:

Blessed be the name of the Lord, name above all names”JESUS”

I LOVE TO SEE HOW GOD IS STILL WORKING AROUND THE WORLD!

I have given my life to Jesus and He gave me a new heart, way of living and talking, I have peace, forgiveness and love for all now He is soooo Great!! It has been a year now and Jesus is still showing me the way, to express my faith to others,

Trust in Him and you will see, He is real. I grew up thinking that I knew Him but not till He baptized with His Holy Spirit as it is written in the book of John, now I understand what God through the scriptures is saying That who soever shall believe in Him, will have everlasting life. I give Him thanks daily. I grew up catholic and left that type of faith to follow My Savior Jesus Christ, now I’m a Christian, what a big difference and stress free life it is to have the Holy Spirit living in me. Thank you Jesus!

1. sadly says:

Yes like in New Zealnd where hundreds are dead,you God did nothing to prevent that did he?

28. My Lord & Savior says:

all religions have faith followers but there is only one faith that has God who is love and who came to live among us to save us from eternal death. He is active in you if you believe and accept what He has already done for you.

There is only way to God and that is Jesus, you must believe and know the scriptures so that He can show you what He is planning for you after this life is over on earth.

Its amazing to know that He is alive and merciful, unlike other religions who claim to have gods but yet have no basis on changing lives. Many live a life based on being good and following rules and working so hard to do what is right, If only all would turn to Jesus all those worries and thoughts of having to do this and that would stop, He gives us the strength and peace we need to live a peaceful life and to share our faith boldly. for it is to benefit the eternal life.

There is none who can say how through their god they are a new person Only Through the Gospel of Jesus there are millions of testimonies of how lives have been restored and renewed all around the world.

29. Winston says:

I want to encourage all Christians to never argue with non-believers. The best thing you can do for them is walk in love and pray for them. God bless you all.

1. shame on you says:

Don’t pray for people who do not want it.It is a insult.

30. Rubye Phillips says:

I was in awe when I heard that young boy pray. God bless him and his mom.

31. Kevin says:

I wouldn’t believe anything that come out of Potter House ! It is the most racist church around and Potter himself is raking in millions a month over jibberish ! He probably gave this kid $ 10 and a script to learn !

32. Katrina says:

Great story! Praying for God to continue to move in his little heart. Way to go mom for teaching your son how to pray and encouraging him in his walk with Christ!

33. Ms. Kitty says:

For those unbelievers, may God have mercy on your souls. God is good and his mercy endureth forever. My prayer is that you get right with God before it is too late. All praises to my heavenly Father!!!!

34. kyona Tennison says:

16and said to Him, “Do You hear what these children are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes; have you never read, ‘OUT OF THE MOUTH OF INFANTS AND NURSING BABIES YOU HAVE PREPARED PRAISE FOR YOURSELF’?” 17And He left them and went out of the city to Bethany, and spent the night there.
    The Barren Fig Tree

18Now in the morning, when He was returning to the city, He became hungry. 19Seeing a lone fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it except leaves only; and He said to it, “No longer shall there ever be any fruit from you.” And at once the fig tree withered.

20Seeing this, the disciples were amazed and asked, “How did the fig tree wither all at once?” 21And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. 22“And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

I was truly blessed by this. He is a blessed child, and I really thank God for mother’s like his……she is training he correct.

35. Delma says:

HAHAHAHA ! I would suggest you research hell before stating you had rather be there. Hell is no party! You do know the name of Jesus because everyone truly knows down deep in side their soul. May G-d Bless you.

Comments are closed.