Missing Teen’s Body Recovered From Lake Ray Hubbard

ROWLETT (AP) – The body of a West Texas college student has been recovered from a Dallas-area lake following a weekend canoeing accident.

Hardin-Simmons University says the body of 18-year-old Keifer Holman was located Wednesday. A statement from the school in Abilene says Holman apparently drowned in Saturday’s accident at Lake Ray Hubbard.

Two other people in the canoe managed to make it to shore after the capsize during high winds and choppy conditions.

Holman played soccer for Hardin-Simmons. He had been a midfielder at Mesquite Poteet High School.

Comments

1. robin says:

may god be with his family now as they prepare to lay him to rest,may god comfort them as they go thru their loss.

2. d. smith says:

life jackets save lives, the law says you must have one on or in the boat…what’s the excuse ???

1. w. garcia says:

Really d. smith…..can’t you just express your sympathy to the family instead of commenting on something that must be a question they are all asking themselves over and over again. I suppose you always obey the law and never, ever make a mistake. I will continue to pray for my friend, the Mother, of this young, exceptional man, that they may now begin the healing process. YOU might do the same!

2. 2sister says:

We need to be sensitive in our comments. I agree that you should wear life jackets in a boat, but there is a sensitive way to put this. Like W. Garcia has said, his family and friends are grieving.

3. Diane Harris says:

I’m with you W. Garcia. My daughter was friends with this young man and we need to be praying for his family during this tragic time not worrying about what might have been. I will pray for d. smith at the same time to acquire a compassionate heart.

4. Sarah says:

Prayers to the family of this young man. I have only heard wonderful things about this young man. Prayers to the other 2 families involved and peace and comfort to all who knew him.

5. Dylan says:

This is a sad and unfortunate accident. I was on the lake kiteboarding all day Saturday and the winds and swells were far too big for a narrow beamed boat. Wish I’d seen the accident so I could have assisted. Rest in peace, Keifer

6. Angela Mendiola says:

I didn’t know Kiefer but he was my sister’s neighbor so this was pretty close to home…so my sister ask for prayer….so I had all my friends here in San Antonio and all over to pray for Kiefer & the entire family. Thank God for answered prayers!! Praying for you & your family!! God is with YOU!!

7. Susan King says:

We knew Kiefer from Scouts and he was an exceptional young man. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers. No one should bury their chilldren.

8. Beth C says:

My sons are also students at HSU. We all send our condolences to the family and friends and HSU family. So sorry for your tragic loss.

Comments are closed.