East Dallas Woman Robbed, Cut In Front Of Her Home

By Marianne Martinez, CBS 11 News

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An East Dallas woman wants to warn others about a violent attack during which she was robbed and cut after returning home from work at 10:30 p.m. Thursday in the 6000 block of Prospect Ave.

“I got out of my car and I was getting groceries out of the back seat,” she said.  “I heard footsteps behind the car.”

The woman, who did not want to be identified, made her way from her driveway to her front porch when the attacker grabbed her from behind.

She said the attacker tugged at her purse and dragged her down the porch steps. Her husband, who was inside the house, heard her scream.

She noticed the cut on her arm after her husband helped her inside.

“The paramedics said it looked like a razor blade cut maybe,” she said.

The attacker drove off in a car that was parked across the street from the woman’s home. He got away with her purse, which contained a wallet, cell phone and $20 in cash. But the woman said the attacker took something else.

“My trust in people,” she said. “My trust in strangers.”

She had to get stitches and also suffered smaller cuts and bruises on her legs and torso. As the victim recovers, she said she continues to think about how she could have prevented the attack.

“Because I’ve been a waitress all my life and I work nights, I’ve always been aware of my surroundings,” she said. “I just did what I thought the best thing to do was to get in the house as fast as I could.”

The woman hasn’t left her home since the attack happened, and when she does, she’ll add another step to her nightly routine.

“Be more careful.”

Comments

1. David says:

Very sorry to hear this. But…..NO matter what city and NO matter what street. ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS…! Crime happens EVERYWHERE….! Even here in “safer” parts of Dallas and EVEN in Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Hawaii…! EveryWHERE…! BE AWARE…! Thankfully she is alive and can walk and talk.

2. Rob says:

Google says there is no 6000 block of Prospect Avenue in Dallas.

1. Ren Bel says:

Maybe she don’t want people to know where she lived. She did say she did not want to be identified.

2. Brian says:

The first block west of Skillman is the 6000 block.

3. Paul says:

“slashed”, please, not “cut” — that’s a slang “ethnic” term, implying that her attacker was A.A. ..

1. James says:

That part of dallas her attacker most likely was AA as you say.

4. SD Fin says:

This is exacty why I don’t like people parking in front of my house or across the street. My Mexican neighbors & their friends do it constantly & I never know who’s in front of my house. Makes me really nervous after illegals broke into my house twice.

1. Irene Ruiz says:

Always has to be the mexicans. How do u know the ones who broke into your house were illegals? do u work for USCIS Does it even matter , someone broke into your house and violated your home and they should be put in jail . illegals aren’t the only criminals.

2. Ren Bel says:

Regardless of race I’ve had the same problem with vehicles in-front of my house too. They always leave trash behind including but not limited to beer cans, fast food leftovers, and small baggies. I called the police numerous of times and nothing ever happened. Finally I had to purchase two extra vehicles to park in front of my house.

Comments are closed.