Local High School Teen Dies After Prom, Alcohol Related
DALLAS (AP) – An 18-year-old North Texas student who attended prom and then went to a party with friends has been found dead in a Dallas hotel of apparent alcohol poisoning.
Dallas police on Monday said an autopsy has been ordered on the youth, later identified as Jonathan Sierra. The teen attended the Dallas Skyline High School prom on Saturday night.
Sr. Cpl. Gerardo Monreal says officers around noon Sunday responded to the Aloft Dallas Downtown Hotel after the teen was found dead by his friends.
Monreal says toxicology results are pending, but it’s believed the teen died of alcohol poisoning. Police found no signs of trauma on the body.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)