Mansfield Student Burned In Chemistry Lab Accident

MANSFIELD (AP) – A suburban North Texas high school student was burned when a chemistry lab experiment went awry.

The Mansfield Summit High School website says the unidentified student suffered first- and second-degree burns to his face and arms when the accident happened Monday afternoon. The website says the student was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, where he was treated and discharged.

Mansfield is 15 miles southeast of Fort Worth.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


One Comment

  1. C Bauer says:

    What did he do? Mix bleach with ammonia? Maybe potassium nitrate with water, then one of the Bunsen burners did the rest? How the hell did this happen?

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App

Listen Live