Incoming Dallas Councilman Says Predecessor Disposed Of Documents

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Incoming Councilman Scott Griggs said predecessor Dave Neumann left virtually nothing behind, except for a small amount of office supplies and a few documents.

“I don’t believe I have a stapler, tape or a hole puncher yet,” the District 3 councilman said.

Griggs said upon arriving at City Hall, he found his office practically empty. He defeated incumbent Neumann in the city elections in May.

Along with the lack of office supplies, Griggs said Neumann left him with no money in the district office account. So, what happened to the rest?

“They were disposed of one way or another,” Griggs said. “Thrown out or shredded, or moved out of the premises.”

Neumann declined to comment on the claims, saying he was out of town on a family vacation for two weeks.

Residents in the district say the news at City Hall has left a bad taste in their mouths: Especially Donna Lucas, a school librarian.

“I can’t imagine if I went from one school to another that I wouldn’t leave things for the librarian so she or he could start what I’d be doing in another school,” she said from Norma’s Café in Oak Cliff. “It’s unprofessional.”

Neumann’s supporters say they’re sorry to hear the allegations of how he left his district office, but still praise the job he did.

“I find it very odd,” said John Weekley, a political analyst and veteran of many local political campaigns.

Weekley said it’s normal for outgoing council members to take personal items, but also to leave city documents in place “so there’s continuity between councilperson and councilperson and the voters and the citizens of that council district.”

Griggs said the city gave his district account nearly $3,000 through the end of September so he could print business cards and buy supplies.

The city auditor is in the process of performing a required audit of outgoing council members.

Comments

1. hahahaha says:

Scott Griggs is a morron.The stapler etc probably belonged to Dave Neumann not the city.Why would Neumann leave his paper work behind? I wouldn’t want to help the moron who beat me in a election either.

1. sasob says:

He beats you in an election, but he’s the moron? Lol.

2. ROGRAMJET says:

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SUSPICIOUS OF MR. NEUMANN AND HIS PRIORITIES, THIS BEHAVIOR MAKES ME EVEN MORE SURE THAT SUPPORTING SCOTT GRIGGS WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. JUST TOO SAD THAT SOMEONE LIKE HAHAHA CAN’T SEE OR DOESN’T WANT TO SEE THAT THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR IS NOT ONLY BEING A POOR SPORT BUT POTENTIALLY CRIMINAL, IT IS MY TAXES THAT PAY FOR THE SUPPLIES IN THE OFFICE. I WANT AN ACCOUNTING OF WHAT WAS TAKEN AND WHO PAID FOR IT.

2. Engrpat says:

You learn more about a man in defeat than you do in victory. Seems the good people of his district made the right decision.

3. RussP says:

I would think most of the office supplies and any paper work generated while on the city pay roll would be the property of the city. Also, is there an accounting for every dime spent from the office account? Sounds like someone may need to look into criminal charges against the former councilman.

1. hal says:

yeah go after the loser republican

4. Dallas Chas says:

sounds like sour grapes Dave.
    Scott will hardly be challenged by such petty antics.

5. Mike says:

Who gives a flip about the supplies.. Its the paperwork; files; and agenda work that’s important.. The fact that these were not accessible makes one wonder about that the motives of Mr. Neumann.

6. FormerDaveSupporter says:

Griggs is the real deal. Heartfelt, well educated, and a man with integrity. A welcome CONTRAST to Neumann. I’m sure Neumann has other skeletons.

Comments are closed.