Police Still Looking For Suspect In Irving Hit & Run

IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – Family and friends are grieving the loss of an Irving teenager who died after a hit and run. Police are asking for help from the public in the case. The teens mother is asking for justice.

“You know, how can people be so cruel and just leave somebody there to die,” Michelle Solis wondered.

“You don’t do that to nobody, you know? You don’t even do that to a dog,” Solis said.

Francisco Reyes was severely injured in Irving Sunday. He died at Parkland Hospital two days later.

He was her only son.  “That is the last hug I get, to touch him and say I love you. I don’t wish this on nobody,” Solis said.

Police say the teenager was walking along the south service road of State Highway 183 at 2 o’clock in the morning when someone hit him from behind.

“If anybodys seen anything, knows anything. My child was only 17 years old. He had a lot to live for,” Solis said.

Investigators say debris at the scene points to a 2010 or 2011 Dodge Challenger. They’re combing North Texas vehicle registrations for leads.

“How do they know that person wasn’t visiting someone in Irving and lives somewhere else?” Solis wondered.

Michelle Solis called her son Frankie.  She said he was outgoing, fun, but someone who was still trying to find himself in life.

“I’m never going to get that call saying, ‘Hey mom come and pick me up. Or hey mom what are you doing?’ I’m never going to get that.” Solis said.

Irving police say the vehicle that hit the teenager would sustained front end, driver’s side damage. They’re working with repair shops in case the vehicle is brought in.

Solis has applied for Victim’s Assistance Funds to help pay for her son’s funeral. She said she was told she might not receive them because the teenager should not have been walking along the service road.

But she wondered, “Isn’t it a crime to hit someone and leave them?”

A memorial account has been set up at Bank of America under Michelle Solis’ name to assist with funds for Reyes’ funeral costs.

Irving Police say the hit and run driver could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident causing injury or death which is a third degree felony.

Comments

1. Victor Gonzales says:

To the Hit and Run Accident: Nowadays they have cameras on some streets and or lights. Can the city or the police check those cameras around that area and see if they see anything. Im sure this has already been thought of. Im sorry about Your Son

2. Morons says:

17 years old? 2AM? Michelle Solis asked, “Isn’t it a crime to hit someone and leave them?” (REALLY? Really?)

This “parent” is a real winner, yes, ladies and gents?

1. CW says:

wow. you don’t even know Michelle. You just assume she allowed her son to be out at 2am. I certainly hope if this were to happen to your child this is not the first thought that came from a person’s face. What ugliness.

2. TA says:

WHO ARE YOU??? EXACTLY NO ONE!!!! YOU CAN KEEP YOUR TWO CENTS CAUSE THEY DON’T BUY ANYTHING!!!! DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF!!!

3. Cindy says:

Doesn’t matter if it was 2 am or 2 pm it was a hit and run resulting in death. Plain case of vehicular manslaughter!!! When they find this “POS” they should throw the book at them.. and to this child’s mother you have my prayer’s….and I hope they find the person who did this.

1. Morons says:

Prayers. Prayer’s is possessive. Hick.

1. TA says:

TWO CENTS DON’T BUY ANYTHING JERK!!!! APPARENTLY YOU HAD SOME REAL WINNERS FOR PARENTS CAUSE YOU HAVE NO HOME TRAINING…..

4. Caustic Personality says:

This is Rick Perry’s fault!

5. Chey says:

So sad, I’m so sorry he didn’t make it. I made the call that night, I couldn’t believe someone left him. Condolences to the family and many prayers. I’m very sorry for your loss. People are just disgusting. I don’t know what else to possibly do. I just hope they find whoever did this.

6. anonymous2112 says:

maybe the boy shouldn’t have been out at 2 am? maybe he should have been walking in the grass rather than the side of the payment? Maybe he jumped in front of the car to kill himself? Maybe he was tired of noone offering him a ride and he wanted to scare the next driver. What I can say is, car 1 – punk 0. Dont walk along freeways at 2am. It’s stupid as sneaking out, smoking, drinking and drugs,

Comments are closed.