FWPD: Bank Robbery Suspect Killed By Officer Didn’t Fire Gun

FORT WORTH (AP) Fort Worth police say a bank robbery suspect fatally shot by an officer didn’t fire his gun after all.

Police initially said the suspect fired first at officers who were chasing him as he ran in a field Tuesday near Lake Arlington.

But on Wednesday police Sgt. Pedro Criado said forensics tests showed that the man didn’t fire any shots from his weapon.

Criado says the man pointed his gun at police, and an officer fearing for his life responded by firing shots.

The man was suspected of holding up a bank earlier Tuesday. Police haven’t released his name.

Authorities haven’t said whether they found a possible second suspect who got out of the man’s car during the police pursuit.

1. darrell says:

just make sure you tell all of the officers this “new” story so that the grand jury will clear everyone.

1. t paine says:

“I shall enumerate some of the evils of paper money and conclude with offering means for preventing them.”
      http://www.RightsOfMan.org. Words from the man who first said the words “United States of America”

2. dfwman says:

I think if I’m a police officer and someone pulls a gun and aims it at me, I’m not going to wait and see if he actually fires it before I defend myself.

1. Gumby Rules says:

I know I wouldn’t

3. joel brown says:

I’m not a police officer, but if you point a gun at me I’m gonna kill your ass.Thank you concealed carry for the right to protect my life.

4. Joe says:

I guess this is the liberal media making up another “news” story where there is none. So the guy didn’t fire his gun. So what? If he points his gun at a cop or anyone for that matter he can and should be shot.

5. ReallyJohn says:

The public get fooled a lot by the police who use media to sometimes distort a story. Between someone who fired a gun and someone who didn’t discharge his/her gun is very obvious. And, for those who think the police are telling you the truth in regards to the bank robber pointing the gun at the police, remember this is the same office/police that stated that he fired at them.

1. RussP says:

So let’s see; the guy already used an illegally possessed weapon to rob a bank, then he flees from police; first in a car and then on foot. So when he draws the weapon, whether he just pointed it, or fired it or just held it; you just expect the cops to sit with their guns holstered while they wait to see what this idiot does next?

Comments are closed.