NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Soon you will be able to drive 75 miles per hour, legally, on hundreds of miles of North Texas interstate.
The Texas Transportation Commission approved a speed limit increase from 70 mph to 75 mph. The commission went ahead with the speed increase following a review that started last September and involved some 1,500 miles of interstate.
The state legislature approved the speed increase during last year’s session.
But, you can’t put the foot on the accelerator right now.
“Motorists must continue to travel at the posted speed until new signs are installed,” said Carol Rawson, TxDOT Traffic Operations division director. Rawson adds the new speed limit isn’t official until the signs are up and in place.
In North Texas, the designated roads include Interstate-20 through Eastland, Erath, Palo Pinto, Van Zandt and Smith counties and also Interstate-30 in Hunt, Hopkins, Titus and Franklin counties.
A complete list of changes by interstate is below.
New 75 mph speed limits approved Thursday are located on:
· I-10—289 miles across El Paso, Gillespie, Kerr, Kendall, Bexar, Guadalupe, Caldwell, Gonzales, Fayette, Colorado, Austin, Jefferson and Orange counties
· I-20—423 miles across Crane, Ector, Midland, Martin, Howard, Mitchell, Nolan, Taylor, Callahan, Eastland, Erath, Palo Pinto, Van Zandt, Smith, Gregg and
· I-27—109 miles across Lubbock, Hale, Swisher and Randall counties
· I-30—139 miles across Hunt, Hopkins, Franklin, Titus, Morris and Bowie counties
· I-35—106 miles across Webb, Medina, Atascosa, Bexar, Hill and Cooke counties
· I-37—130 miles across Nueces, San Patricio, Live Oak, Atascosa and Bexar counties
· I-40—166 miles across Deaf Smith, Oldham, Potter, Carson, Gray, Donley and Wheeler counties
· I-44—11 miles across Wichita County
· I-45—143 miles across Walker, Madison, Leon, Freestone and Navarro counties
Also Check Out:
- App Guides Users Away From High Crime Areas
- Plant Investigated for Dumping Pig Blood In River
- Cuban Among Bidders For L.A. Dodgers
- Dublin Dr. Pepper Fans Furious At Company
- North Texas Woman Found Dead On Tanning Bed