NEW YORK (CBS) - Most of us who fly have seen someone on a plane using a cell phone after the crew tells you to shut them off. Sometimes they get kicked off the flight, as happened to Alec Baldwin. But is it really dangerous to leave them on during takeoff and landing? CBS News correspondent John Blackstone spoke to a couple of people who would know: “Miracle on the Hudson” pilot and CBS News aviation and safety expert Capt. Chesley “Sulley” Sullenberger and Dave Carson, an engineer at Boeing and co-chairman of the Federal Aviation Administration committee that issued the electronics ban.
Also Check Out:
- App Guides Users Away From High Crime Areas
- Plant Investigated for Dumping Pig Blood In River
- Cuban Among Bidders For L.A. Dodgers
- Dublin Dr. Pepper Fans Furious At Company
- North Texas Woman Found Dead On Tanning Bed