DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A new reality show on the History Channel features some Texans participating in an unusual sport.
KRLD’s Marlee McCormick explains.
The show is called “Full Metal Jousting” and it premiered Sunday night on the History Channel.
Two of the contestants are Texans competing for a $100,000 prize.
Ironically one of the men, North Texan Jack Mathis, does it for a living.
For the last 13 years, Mathis has worked as a jousting Knight at Medieval Times in Dallas, but the 32-year-old father of two says his experience didn’t give him an edge in what he calls the “original extreme sport.”
Also featured is former rodeo cowboy and champion steer wrestler Rope Myers from Van Zandt County.
Also Check Out:
- Broken Club Critically Injures Fort Worth Golfer
- Country Superstar Randy Travis Arrested For Public Intoxication
- DART Officer Says Crucifix Saved Her Life During Shooting
- Sheriff Arrests Parents Of Toddler Mauled By Dogs
- Khloe Questions Kat Graham About Kardashian Crush