DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A Dallas County sheriff’s deputy has been indicted for allegedly trying to defraud the government.
Tuesday morning a grand jury indicted Sgt. Derce Kirby on six counts of tampering with a government document with the intent to defraud.
Kirby is accused of writing tickets while on duty as a deputy but claiming he wrote them while working for a grant program the sheriff received.
If convicted on the felony charges, Kirby could go to a state jail.
The grand jury could issue other indictments.
KRLD’s L.P Phillips talked to Sheriff Lupe Valdez:
Also Check Out:
- Broken Club Critically Injures Fort Worth Golfer
- Country Superstar Randy Travis Arrested For Public Intoxication
- DART Officer Says Crucifix Saved Her Life During Shooting
- Sheriff Arrests Parents Of Toddler Mauled By Dogs
- Khloe Questions Kat Graham About Kardashian Crush