INDIANAPOLIS (CBS SPORTS) - If you thought it was impossible for NFL people to fall more in love with Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, you thought wrong. RG3 proved exactly why on Sunday, shredding the 40-yard dash and looking as fast as expected en route to running an official 4.41 40-yard dash.
Andrew Luck, not exactly known as a speedster, was perhaps more impressive with his unofficial 4.59 time, later changed to a 4.67 official time.
Griffin’s time (both officially and unofficially) was the second-fastest by a quarterback since 2006, with only Reggie McNeal’s time of 4.35 in 2006 beating him out. Russell Wilson of Wisconsin ran a 4.50 40 for the second-fastest time of the day, and Jordan Jefferson of LSU ran a 4.59.
Griffin ran track at Baylor (and in high school) and his performance at the combine — on the field, in front of the mic, wherever — has only continued to cement his status as a lock for top-five status in the NFL draft.
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call