MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) - It’s a first-of-its-kind agreement involving DART. The transit group is teaming up with the City of Mesquite to move commuters by bus to the nearest train station.
It’s called Route 282. DART will launch bus service on Monday, March 12, from Mesquite’s Hanby Stadium. Commuters will ride to the Lawnview Station, which is in southeast Dallas on DART’s Green Line.
According to a news release from DART, the bus will operate every 30 minutes during the morning and afternoon rush hours. Hanby Stadium is located at 410 East Davis Street. DART says there is free parking at the stadium for 197 cars, and 10 spots for people with disabilities.
The Lawnview Station is at 5900 Scyene Road. Other stops on the Green Line include Fair Park and Baylor University Medical Center, heading northwest to Carrollton.
The fare will be $7 daily and includes travel on any DART service and Trinity Railway Express between Dallas Union Station and CentrePort/DFW station.
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call