From Texas Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
PEORIA, AZ (AP) – Yu Darvish struck out three in two scoreless innings and made a run-saving play in his spring training debut during the Texas Rangers’ 6-2 win over a split squad of San Diego Padres on Wednesday.
The Rangers spent more than $107 million this winter to land the 6-foot-5 right-hander with the shaggy, orange-tinted hair and a dark goatee who was a dominant pitcher for seven years in Japan. Darvish’s stated goal is to become the world’s best pitcher.
Pitching exclusively out of the stretch, Darvish threw 36 pitches, 26 for strikes. He allowed two hits, both doubles.
He struck out his first batter, Cameron Maybin, looking, and his last, John Baker, swinging. He also made two nice defensive plays, one of which prevented a run in the second inning.
LISTEN: Yu Darvish post game press conference (iPad iPhone users click here)
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call