NEW YORK (CBS SPORTS) - Major-league headache Jose Canseco is back in the news. This time, the 47-year-old former slugger is trying to make a comeback in the Mexican League, and has reportedly been busted for a banned substance. So, he’s out of the league now. Yes, I’m shocked, too.
ESPN Deportes reported late Wednesday night that Canseco admitted to Mexican League president Plinio Escalante about using a banned substance that was testosterone. The Mexican League is a Triple-A affiliation to Major League Baseball, but none of the teams are connected to actual MLB clubs.
Of course, Canseco took to the Twitterverse to plead his innocence — or, really, it was more his “non-guilt.”
“How can I test positive when I never took any test don’t believe everything the media tells you.the truth always comes out I am not using any illegal substance,” he tweeted.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott