CBS 11 LIVE Interactive Presidential Debate 8:00PM:  Interact Online | Watch & Interact Online | Listen Live KRLD

Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother

CEDAR HILL (CBSDFW.COM) – Ask Marvette Washington about her family. She’ll tell you about her brother, Prentice, who has Down Syndrome, and their dog, Butch, a 3 year old Schnauzer/Yorkie mix.

“This is all I have. This is the last of my family,” she said.

Saturday, she nearly lost them both.

Her brother and Butch were sitting in her car, as she loaded it with groceries outside a Walmart in Cedar Hill. Suddenly, she said, a man grabbed her purse and jumped in the car. “I grabbed his arm, and I told him, ‘Please don’t take my brother. My brother has Down Syndrome. Just let him out, let him out’,” she said, crying.

Washington said she hung on to the man, even as the car dragged her and rolled over her leg, but eventually she had to let go. “I couldn’t hold him any longer, and I was screaming,” she said.

The suspect drove another block before finally stopping to shove her brother out onto the street. “He pushed me,” said Prentice.

“He was scared,” said Washington, wiping her brother’s tears.

Police spotted the car moments later and chased it from Cedar Hill to the 2600 block of Metropolitan in Dallas, where it crashed.

Officers arrested 37-year-old Corey Dunn and charged him with aggravated robbery and evading arrest.

Butch, though, was nowhere in sight. “They found our car and they found my purse, but they did not find our dog,” said Washington.

She says the dog is her brother’s best friend, and until they find him, their small family will feel incomplete. “We love him and we miss him and we want him home,” she said.

20424cb3 e1b2 42af b5b3 69f4557d0bd8 Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother

Washington says Butch does have a micro-chip. If anyone finds him, they’re asked to take him to the nearest shelter, where a vet can scan him and identify him.

Also Check Out:

More from Andrea Lucia
Comments

1. smartmusician says:

That is such a sad story,I hope that they find Prentis’s dog.It is just sad how much crime is going on now and i hope that they throw this guy in jail for the max sentence.

2. d walk says:

These are two of the most Christian and loving people I have ever met. To see them cry and in pain angers me. Senseless act by a senseless person. I too hope he is given the maximum sentence and he is haunted by the vision of terror he has caused by his evil actions.

3. dana says:

I hope this ends well and they find their dog/ I will say my prayers they find him safe and sound.

4. NastyPants says:

only in Texas, the taint of the US…

1. dutch24 says:

And you’re from where? What makes Texas the “taint of the US”? You are ignourant if you really belive that. I can think of a whole lot of other states that deal with alot more then Texas. Nine times out of ten it is your state. If you live in Texas and talking the way you do, then I suggest that you leave and find a hobbie. If you stay current in the news, you will see that the crime rate in other states are far worst.

1. OhSigh says:

Dutch, you don’t make the best case for Texas, unless the case you are making is for more funding to assist the state in educational pursuits.

2. Dooshbag says:

Ignourant?? Your point has FAILED, much like your spelling..

3. buhaha says:

Ignourant?? Oh you poor helmet wearer, go back to licking your window..

4. Will says:

nastypants lol, do you have a blown out azz?

2. Sassafrass says:

Like I always say- We’re a big state with a BUNCH of people, odds are against the educated here.

3. Remember the Alamo says:

NastyPants, OhSigh, & Dooshbag: Your names say enough about each of you, so there is no need for me to hate.

Detroit and most of Nevada remain the “arm pits” of America, whereas TEXAS is the destination to which droves of people have been relocating for quite some time. Unfortunately, some of the transplants are horrid people and TEXAS has had its share of horrid crimes.

Too bad she wasnt strapped; I would have greeted him with my Walther P99 .40cal. God bless TEXAS and its castle law.

5. Doglover says:

Please find this dog for this man. I know what its like to only have a dog for your famiy and to loose him. Im praying.

6. Doodlebug2222 says:

Long ago, honor meant something. Your name, had been passed down for generations, along with the honor or dishonor that was associated with it. If you lost everything or gained everything – your name was really all that mattered. Them? Yes – you can trust them. Them? NO they are horrible, don’t keep their word, a thief. — The name… the honor a person once had, opened or closed doors for you. This person that did this? Has no honor and he brings shame to his last name and all that wore it proudly before him. He needs to set this right. Apologize, return the dog, and do what he can to set things right. If anything – honor is the one thing no one can buy, give or take.

7. Joshua says:

Keep the car ahole, It means more to you than anyone else. Grow a conscience and give these people their dog back, if he didnt get tossed out the window that is.

1. Christina says:

If he ran over a woman and kicked the brother out of the car, I fear that he did the same or worse to the dog. Hopefully he will be caught and the pooch will be returned safe and sound.

1. Mike says:

Did you people even read the article?

2. Will says:

no he didnt get far before he wrecked, the dog was scared by the commotion, when the police open doors the dog would have jumped out, anybody can find that dog ill give them $200.00, email me, willwillard@yahoo.com / If there are any more good hearted conservatives out there help us out we can start a reward for whoever finds him. he has a microchip. I live in oklahoma, you have my email/

8. Heather says:

My boss has a Yorkie that we would love to give a good home with papers! Please contact us !

9. Rhiannon says:

Shared this story on my Facebook as I have a large number of animal lovers, animal groups, shelters, etc in the Dallas are as my Friends. Hoping this little fella shows back up safe and sound for this brave young man. Love and peace to them.

Comments are closed.