AUSTIN (KRLD) -Last September’s devastating wildfires in central Texas emphasized the need for urban firefighters to be trained in wild land firefighting.
The training is especially helpful in cities like Austin, surrounded by brushy Hill Country terrain.
Because of this, the city of Austin moved up the goal of having their firefighters nationally certified to fight wildfires, making them the only large urban fire department in the state to do so.
KRLD’s Marlee McCormick spoke with Austin Fire Department Lt. Randy Denzer about the program.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott