NORTH TEXAS (AP) – Baylor is the unanimous No. 1 choice in The Associated Press final women’s college basketball poll while Princeton becomes the first Ivy League team to join the rankings, entering at No. 24.
The Lady Bears received all first-place votes Monday for the 15th straight week after easily winning the Big 12 tournament. There were ballots from 39 of 40 voters. One voter was absent.
Baylor (34-0) was the No. 1 team in the poll all season and will enter the NCAA tournament as the top seed when the field is announced Monday night.
Stanford, Connecticut, Notre Dame and Maryland follow the Lady Bears. Duke, Delaware, Miami, Tennessee and Wisconsin-Green Bay round out the first 10.
Princeton went undefeated in its Ivy schedule. Only six conferences now have never had a ranked team _ the Atlantic Sun, Big South, MEAC, Northeast, Patriot and SWAC.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott